K2500 lower control arm sizes???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chummins24v

Reaction score
Hey y'all I bought a lower control arm from a wreckers for my 94 k2500 8lug, but the distance between both bushings is just under an inch wider than the old one, could this one have come out of a 3500?

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My understanding is that even a 1/2t will fit, meaning they are the same size. Its the uppers that are different. Hopefully someone else will chime in...

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Post pictures of the control arms you have. As far as I know the frame side never changed, even when GM changed the arm design.

Did you possibly get 2wd parts?

Chummins24v

Reaction score
I did specify 4wd, the ears on the frame side could also have gotten bent now that I think of it, since the control arm is bent

Chummins24v

Reaction score
It says my file size on the photo is too large, but the arms both look exactly the same except for the one being a little narrower

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
8 lug lower A-arms are 8 lug lower A-arms. SRW and DRW.
6 lug lower A-arms are 6 lug lower A-arms. 1500 or 2500 LD.
Unless its visibly bent or the bushings aren't installed properly, they're the same size

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
8 lug lower A-arms are 8 lug lower A-arms. SRW and DRW.
6 lug lower A-arms are 6 lug lower A-arms. 1500 or 2500 LD.
Unless its visibly bent or the bushings aren't installed properly, they're the same size
Far as I know, there's three styles of lower control arms for 4WD GMT400 vehicles:

Stamped arm, bolt-on ball joint
Stamped arm, welded to forged end; ball joint presses into forged section. (I've heard of, but never seen this style.)
Forged arm, ball joint presses in.

They all interchange--same distances between the mounting points, same taper on the ball joint studs. So a "6-lug" arm would fit fine on an "8-lug" vehicle, and the other way around.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.