Junkyard Carpet for the '91

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I usually hang the carpet over my chain link fence and go at it with cleaner, a scrub brush, and then my power washer. The results are usually pretty good. While the seat belts are out, pull the belt completely out of the reel and stick a big sewing needle thru the belt to block it from retracting. Fill a bucket with water and something like Simple Green and soak the belts. I usually set the reel on a stool by the bucket and soak just the belt part. The buckle ends I just drop in whole. You'll be amazed at how much gunk is in there.
I use binder clips to grip the seat belt and keep it from retracting. I would be concerned that the sewing needle migh compromise the belt.

http://m.staples.com/Staples-Black-Metal-Binder-Clips/product_SS271759

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
Reaction score
Thats awesome! I went through about 6 or 7 4x4 trucks and just held out for the 2WD.. luckily found just the one!

I found about 5 or 6 2WD trucks with the blue vinyl floor in great shape.. but it was not what I wanted because thats what I ripped out when I put my new floor in.

The truck we pulled the carpet out of was the only one that was decent. I pulled another OHC from another junkyard a while back and got it installed along with the salvaged headliner that we painted yesterday. Pics will be in the OHC thread...

I also scored him some Duramax rims. I need to find some chrome 8 lug center caps. I haven't had any luck with the junkyards in our area...