Junkyard Carpet for the '91

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PhilCP

Reaction score
Well the junkyard carpet sure cleaned up nice for my 91

Just waiting for it to quit raining to do the install
You must be registered for see images attach

PhilCP

Reaction score
You can see in pic #2 I couldn't help but collect ANOTHER overhead console..

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That came out nice! You guys on this forum that score nice parts from yards are lucky. I have two where I live and neither are worth a dang. One is better than the other but the employees at either place roll their eyes at me for anything as simple as an interior panel. The closest pick it yourself in 45 minutes away. If you don't mind, how much did that set you back? That would be at least $100 here.

Reaction score
I did the same thing with my son's 95 Cheyenne. The donor carpet was out of 4x4, so we covered the hole with a universal floor mat and floor mats over top of it. We cleaned it up just like you did and it turned out great. Totally changed the look of his old work truck. Same truck gave us the cloth 40/20/40 split bench seat along with some other goodies.

I also, grabbed an overhead console but it is the longer one and will not work in his regular cab truck.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Well the junkyard carpet sure cleaned up nice for my 91

Just waiting for it to quit raining to do the install

Now's the time to throw some sound deadener down.

PhilCP

Reaction score
That came out nice! You guys on this forum that score nice parts from yards are lucky. I have two where I live and neither are worth a dang. One is better than the other but the employees at either place roll their eyes at me for anything as simple as an interior panel. The closest pick it yourself in 45 minutes away. If you don't mind, how much did that set you back? That would be at least $100 here.

The carpet?!

20 bucks.

All in all I got the carpet, overhead console, flip out cupholders, 4 GMC centercaps for my sport rims, two kick plates for under the doors as I broke mine.. and a few other odds and ends for $85

PhilCP

Reaction score
Now's the time to throw some sound deadener down.

I was thinking about it but I am cheap and figured this carpet with the mass backing would be more than an upgrade to my bedlined floors haha.. Can always slide it out in the future!

PhilCP

Reaction score
I did the same thing with my son's 95 Cheyenne. The donor carpet was out of 4x4, so we covered the hole with a universal floor mat and floor mats over top of it. We cleaned it up just like you did and it turned out great. Totally changed the look of his old work truck. Same truck gave us the cloth 40/20/40 split bench seat along with some other goodies.

I also, grabbed an overhead console but it is the longer one and will not work in his regular cab truck.

Thats awesome! I went through about 6 or 7 4x4 trucks and just held out for the 2WD.. luckily found just the one!

I found about 5 or 6 2WD trucks with the blue vinyl floor in great shape.. but it was not what I wanted because thats what I ripped out when I put my new floor in.

superdave

Proud NOOA Member
Reaction score
I usually hang the carpet over my chain link fence and go at it with cleaner, a scrub brush, and then my power washer. The results are usually pretty good. While the seat belts are out, pull the belt completely out of the reel and stick a big sewing needle thru the belt to block it from retracting. Fill a bucket with water and something like Simple Green and soak the belts. I usually set the reel on a stool by the bucket and soak just the belt part. The buckle ends I just drop in whole. You'll be amazed at how much gunk is in there.