Jolly Green's '97 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I vote to paint the flares also.

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you. And may I say that your truck is one of my favorites on here. The lights are Pro Comp 5x7 100 w halogen driving/flood lights. They are kind of a hybrid. I will take some pics this week of the mounting brackets for ya.

thanks man would really apprciate it.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
So while driving home yesterday at around 50-55 mph my transmission suddenly "fell" out of gear. At first I thought maybe I bumped the shifter, as hard as that sounds. Not the case. I was only a couple miles from my sons school and the house. When I got out of the truck I could smell tranny fluid, and it smelled hot. Not burnt, but just hot, like there was a leak somewhere. I pick up my son and drive it in 2nd gear back to the house. Today I called a shop that I had talked to 6-8 months ago and I decided to take it to them. I drove the 8 miles or so in 2nd gear, although I did get it to go into 3rd if I gave it some throttle.

Long story short - I told them to rebuild the whole thing, front to back. Total cost is going to be $1450. They didn't charge me for tax, shift kit or a flush. So I'm saving a little money there. They're also giving me $100 for my old case I had laying around.

Really didn't want to have to do this. I was saving up for a possible lift and tires in the near future. I should have it back on Thursday sometime.

GAZ7198

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Clean truck looked bone stock when you got it looks like its come along way I like it. Im thinking about putting a 4 inch lift on mine but I can never find true pictures of a truck with a 4 inch suspension lift anybody have pictures of trucks with them on there prob going to run 315s

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
man bad luck. i just did my trans last month, only cost me 600 with shift kit, beast sunshell, and corvette servo, but then again i didnt take it to a shop i know a gm mechanic who does them on the side. you'll get back on your feet and start saving for a lift and tires again.

Your truck is one of my favorites on this site, its going to look great lifted.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
Man that sucks but thats just how it goes, its my luck to spend money on what i wanted to then turn around something breaks. I had been wanting a lift for a long time but had to replace motor and transmission and the whole front end before that was even thought bout.

You have an awesome looking truck!

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
Got my truck back today. Man, does this transmission shift FIRM! From first to second I thought something was wrong. I'm definitely not used to that. After only two days I was sick of getting a ride to work every morning. Glad I got it back.

Total cost was $1500, not $1450, but so far I'm happy with it.

***Stroker - I'll get your pics tommorrow