Jeff's 1992 Chevy K1500 Stepside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwysywd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all. From NE of Detroit. Grew up here and glad to be a supporting member of this site. This is my first Chevy, and one of the things that I liked was the size of the group. Almost 15,000 members! What brought me here was -sin- posted about plastidipping his truck back last Nov and that got me poking around. So, hopefully I can call on some of this wisdom in the future!

My truck: 1992 K1500 Stepside with Cap. Just purchased it in Sept 2015 for CHEAP! 215,000 miles, automatic, 4x4, Extended Cab, Baby Blue on Blue interior. Put a new set of Hercules Mud Terrain 285-75-16s on it, new exhaust from manifolds back, alignment was able to get to almost perfect factory settings, has brush guard, fog lights, and I just installed set of 7" HID lights. Installed manual locking front diff cable b/c the factory plastic actuator pin stopped working.

Needs: Manifold passenger side leaks, front seats have broken club cab access latch (so the seat sits back fine but flops forward easily). New fenders, rockers and cab corners (all in my garage, just not installed yet). Oil leaks from the gasket where the oil filter screws into the engine. So, it is leaking above the filter there.

Desired Upgrades: Would like to plastidip it Flat Tan, black the wheels and the lower 8" of doors and rocker (currently covered with some chrome sheeting installed by previous owner). Back up lights, I have set of 4" Hella rubber coated work lights made for tractors that I plan to install on the bottom of the bumper. Clean up my frame and pumpkins and paint them with Chassis Saver. I have about half gal and that was what I used on my last project truck 83' Dodge Crew SRW 4x4.

Pictures:
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

dwysywd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, bought the truck in Sept and flipped it for a nice little profit in Dec. pretty happy bout that. Plan to try an stay active on the site.

Last edited: