Jay_Hoffs 97 Surburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jay_hoff

Reaction score
Thanks for looking at my build.
This is my first truck. My plans is to turn into a comfortable family hauler.

Not really sure what do it with it besides fix the rust and upgrade the wheels.
Thinking a Yukon grill, Escalade wood wheel. Upgrade the audio.

You must be registered for see images attach

I just sold my 1996 Accord Lx Wagon for this. Can't wait to get started.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Very nice! The stock audio system in mine is starting to go bad, in fact, I think only a few of my speakers are working! It's a very comfortable truck to drive and It will go through about almost anything. Mines not even lifted....yet and it still does good offroad!

Last edited:

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I like the accord, don't see too many wagons. Just needs some wheels!

jay_hoff

Reaction score
First truck period.
Never had one. I have owned a 91 and 94 Bonneville. A 98 Grand Prix. 93 and 96 Accord. Then a 90 Integra Gs.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I usually don't recommend it, but on your truck, I think colormatching the mirrors to that purple color would make it look a lot cleaner. Having 2 main colors instead of 3.

You should have a lot of room to upgrade audio, depending on how far you want to go with it. I replaced speakers in mine first, and I was happy for a while, but then I added an amp and shallow mount sub under the seat. Night and day difference. So much better quality and depth of sound.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I usually don't recommend it, but on your truck, I think colormatching the mirrors to that purple color would make it look a lot cleaner. Having 2 main colors instead of 3.

You should have a lot of room to upgrade audio, depending on how far you want to go with it. I replaced speakers in mine first, and I was happy for a while, but then I added an amp and shallow mount sub under the seat. Night and day difference. So much better quality and depth of sound.

Or he could add some nice tows like someone else did to their Suburban....that was pretty cool :)

GMC Burbalade

Busy slacking
Reaction score
Escalade seats are a major upgrade if you can find a set and feel like putting the effort into the rear seat to make it work.

The saw blades look fine, it's those old tires and that wacky side skirt/fender flare that doesn't look right.

jay_hoff

Reaction score
I dont know what I am going to do with the skirt/flare. Thought about finding a doner Denali/Escalade to do a front end conversion. Dont know if I want leather.
Ill prob upgrade the tires, not sure what brand to use. I know I want to do Bilstein shocks. Upgrade to a factory 18 or 20. Just clean it up.