Interesting modification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
yeah thats the first thing I saw. lol well It was an 86 but I think It had a cab change lol witch would them make it an 88+ by the vin number lol. wow how do you even sell/title it haha

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
I did notice that about the year, too. It's hard to say, there are a lot of questions that need answering.

My bad on the smallblock/diesel mistake, haha. Clearly wasn't paying attention when typing.
As my grandfather sometimes tells me "put brain in gear before engaging mouth" (or in this case, keyboard)

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Umm, seriously?

One frame on top of another and spaced with strips of wood and what looks like giant bent and rusty "u bolts" holding it all together:

You must be registered for see images attach

What the hell are you boys drinking over there in New Brunswick?

Funny thing is, it would actually burn with wood in the frame.....

I'm guessing you have not looked under any profesionally outfitted flat deck trucks or ones with service bodies. Thats how they are usually set up as well...the wood spacers serve the same function as the rubber isolators under the cab.

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
1. Didn't anybody notice it says 1986..... Uh, I'm pretty sure this bodystyle didn't start until 1988....
2. That is a 6.2L Diesel truck, not a smallblock.
3. Wood frame spacers are legit.

Came in here to post this. Literally tooks the word away from me.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I'm guessing you have not looked under any profesionally outfitted flat deck trucks or ones with service bodies. Thats how they are usually set up as well...the wood spacers serve the same function as the rubber isolators under the cab.

Sent from a 6.5 Detroit Diesel powered smartphone

There's a difference between mounting a flatbed or body to a frame with wood as a spacer and using the wood as a structural member OF the frame.

They've got the driven axles mounted to one rusty frame (no doubt cut out of the original tandem axle truck) that is slid under the main vehicle frame.

Then it's bolted together. Not with good grade 8 or better bolts and frame to frame but with U-BOLTS!

:Insane:

The scariest part of it is you know they load it up with thousands of pounds of crap and head out on public roads with it.

That's someone trying to make a cab and chassis 3500HD out of whatever crap they found out behind the shed in the field. Backyard engineering at it's worst.

Not a big deal if you use it on the farm to haul stuff around the fields, but that thing has plates!

No freakin' way I want something like that on the road with my wife and kids.

You show up in any garage I know of to get an MVI on that and you're not going to even get it out the door with anything resembling a legal sticker...

Last edited:

RyanR

BAD REPUTATION
Reaction score
That is a working machine right there... I'd buy it...

Install a Honda generator on the back.... Along with a fridge full of beer, a few couches, fire pit, and a bong... Mobile Party Frankenstein GMT

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
That is a working machine right there... I'd buy it...

Install a Honda generator on the back.... Along with a fridge full of beer, a few couches, fire pit, and a bong... Mobile Party Frankenstein GMT

This right here.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks this part looks Photoshopped???