FOR SALE - 1991 Chevrolet V3500 Silverado Crew Cab Diesel Dually 4×4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockR67

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you spend too much time looking at the pictures (guilty), it looks like there is a lot of thick black paint over some fairly rusty looking parts under there. Probably okay but maybe not as babied as the glossy paint shows.

vr1967

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You know by 1991 I thought the 6.2's were turbo.
6.2 was never factory turbo’d. You could get a Banks turbo as a dealer installed option in the late 80s that was dealer warrantied

My 84 6.2 k1500 has a Banks package that the selling dealer installed, in Nov of 83. It was so new, the only thing that says Banks is a sticker. Buddy that ordered the truck new was well off and had the turbo package sent to the dealership before he took delivery.

You must be registered for see images attach

vr1967

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As I recall you couldn't boost them all that much but I am sure it made a world of difference anyway.
9-11 lbs of boost was all the Banks setup made, but it makes the 6.2 a total different engine. I’ve surprised more than a few gas burners with the old beater. AND I get 22-24 mpg if I keep my foot out of it with no OD.