Interested in re doing my suspension. ADVICE PLS.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can buy the control arms with the bushings and ball joints installed already. Its a little more money but it is worth it in the end especially if you don't have a press. Check the shock thread here and you can get factory shocks that will ride better then the drop shocks.

I agree I'd go with the 4/6 drop and be done with it.

bowtie-till-i-die

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Totally true about the wanting a 4/6 a year later. so what ever you do keep all your stock parts you take off. I learned that the hard way. a few hours in the middle of summer at the pick n pull drilling and chiseling(cus you cant have anything that produces spark) the rivets to the shackles and hangers of a wrecked truck. not fun.
Im currently running a 4/6 with belltech street performance, I like them and my wife says it rides better than her mini van. as
lo look for polyurethane bushings for front anti sway barand control arms. speaking of control arms, I keep ripping the boots on my upper ball joints because the stock upper CA is now at a weird angle and puts a lot of stress on them so the boots rip. now I need DJM upper CA to fix that(food for thought)
also look for a rear anti sway bar off of a Tahoe or suburban. that made a huge difference on mine. best o luck, have fun

Pab's

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guy's. I think 4/6 will be too low for me but I'll keep all my parts just in case. All I want is a little better stance and a smoot ride, Im building this as a cruiser.