injector problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keven

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
so i have an issue with my 1993 k1500 5.7l when i crank it at wot it will not always cut fuel. also after i crank it a couple time and leave key at on and step on gas without cranking the injector will actually unload. it only happen after i already tried cranking the engine without it starting. if i only step on gas after turning key at on position injector wont unload

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so i have an issue with my 1993 k1500 5.7l when i crank it at wot it will not always cut fuel.
Cranking at WFO, and the injectors are still spraying?
1. Throttle cable adjusted properly, so it's TRULY at WFO?
2. TPS faulty or out-of-adjustment?

What does a scan tool show for throttle position sensor voltage/percent with the pedal pushed all the way down?

after i crank it a couple time and leave key at on and step on gas without cranking the injector will actually unload.
What does "unload" mean? Does it spray fuel without being cranked?

Keven

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was sure you couldnt adjust throttle cable on these?

Tps with pedal at 0% says 0.6v and at 100% says 4.6 BUT i can still open the blade more by hand which make my tps goes up to 5.2v and then cut fuel i just tried looking online and people says only the cruise can be adjusted? Should i just bend that bracket?

Yes by unloading i mean spraying. But only once ive already cranked it atleast once without it starting.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Verify transmission throttle-valve cable adjustment is correct.

Verify gas-pedal cable still doesn't open throttle fully. (Probably) need to bend gas-pedal lever that pulls on cable.

I don't know what to say about the injectors spraying fuel when the gas pedal is pushed, but engine isn't cranking.