I'm Gonna Burn It So It Can Go to Hell Where it Belongs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
could you go to a junk yard and find a new pcm and wireing harness? I feel like that could posibly fix your issue if you still have problems after the shop looks at it again. :shrug:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Well with the way it misses when its hot now leads me to think its something in the ignition system. I'm waiting for them to call me and tell me the Napa distributor they put in it (they are in the Napa network of shops/autocare centers/whatever)was a piece of **** too.

I'm not against getting a whole NEW wiring harness from Painless Wiring, I can get one for $345.

jeff's88silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
was the dizzy new or reman. I'm asking because of worked on a bunch of gm's and the reman dizzys are complete ****

And my truck i have now had a reman in it when i bought it which always seem to run a little rough and slight miss even after the tune up. So my dad had a brand new "GM" dizzy that he ran in his old 400 for a couple hundred miles and swapped it out before selling the truck. So i got it one day put it in mine and its like a totally different truck.

Last edited:

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Couldn't tell you, but I know they are ne Delphi units. I'm sure that parts of their analysis though, these are supposed to be the best electrical troubleshooters in Birmingham.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Chris I wish you luck and I just said a little prayer I think it's something electrical hopefully it's just a bad dizzy. If you were close to where I live we could try a extra dizzy from my truck.
Good luck! Roland