IFS upgrades!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah the ecoboost ford had a a set of custom upper and lowers made. Coils and crazy fab work but wheeled 40inch nittos all ultimate adventure.

But i know they make hexigonal tie rods with heim joints. Crazy strong cvs. The down falls come with ball joints. I've wheeled the heck out of my all original ifs and aside from rock crawling any and all backyard fun its been fine and handled everything fine.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
you can swap to a 9.25 front diff with many options otherwise a coilover SAS is easy, ive done one that i posted pics on hunters build thread. i know theres many other memers who have done it.

also im still reminded of the guy who came into work and made his own front IFS using a d60 center section and using custom made cv's and mounting flanges. the thing took a beting and rode like a dream but it takes eom creativity and expertise to do something like that.

98slv

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Only way you'll get a beast of an ifs system is lifts it high (due to the engine.) Chop the frame rails and make them narrow, make your own frame rails, then build extremely long control arms. After that you are left with the issue of putting a diff in there, and to top it off you gotta run a drive shaft which would require a different t case because your factory case with a centered diff would make for extreme cv angles.

with that said, just go sas. This ifs system I described wouldn't be impossible but would out price a sas.

88gmt400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea no i wasnt sayin our trucks and trophy trucks are the same or remotely the same but i just wanted other peoples options on this but im already workin on gettin my donor truck

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the only ifs upgrade is a sawzall and a d60, the way the gm retard engineers should have kept the 3500s.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
the only ifs upgrade is a sawzall and a d60, the way the gm retard engineers should have kept the 3500s.

Lmao exactly

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

2kHOEz71

Reaction score
When it comes to our trucks, a solid front axle is going to much stronger and more capable than anything that can be done to the stock IFS. You can buy stronger CV axles but they are very expensive and still wont give you an edge over a solid axle.
You still have Tahoe in 2020?