IFS upgrades!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

88gmt400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know you can make an ifs setup stronger and better than a solid front axle and i know there are people wheelin these whether it be rock crawlin, muddin or trail ridin i want to know what yall have done to upgrade your diff, obviously you can lift your truck and beefier cvs and tie rods but im more worried about the diff....
thanks for any help

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Im interetsed in this to maybe an alternative to SAS

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Are you wanting to upgrade the front diff, or rear? As far as I know you can do more to the rear than the front. Rear you can add a locker, get high quality gears and bearings and stronger cover support. As for the front I'm not sure, but I think you can only really upgrade the gears and bearings etc.

Are you planning on making a beast IFS for offroading? Straight axle and ifs both have ups and downs. But in our case, unless your going to get crazy with ifs, the straight axle can take more abuse and offer flex that ifs simply can't.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I saw the magazine 4 wheeler did an ifs build on an f150 for the unltimate adventure might want to look into that

88gmt400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yes a way to keep the ride of an independent suspension but the offroad capabilities of a solid front axle

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
yes a way to keep the ride of an independent suspension but the offroad capabilities of a solid front axle

When it comes to our trucks, a solid front axle is going to much stronger and more capable than anything that can be done to the stock IFS. You can buy stronger CV axles but they are very expensive and still wont give you an edge over a solid axle.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
do you happen to know what month and year or just know it was there

No i dont sorry it was in the last 2 or 3 years just search ultimate adventure f150

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from Robl@and!

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score