IFS upgrades!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Lol thts wierd

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk

:lol: I had a hair for more info on the ifs the other day. I remembered reading about them. So I dig them all out at work. There solution to our trucks is just go solid. They lifted a ecsb and then upgrade the half shafts and they still kept blowing cv joints..

Sent from Robl@and!

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Well, I'm not anti IFS or anything, but there is no way to make the GMT400 IFS front end as "strong" as a solid axle.

They are two different applications. Each had areas where they perform better.

Ifs is generally better at long high speed type running. Solid is better almost everywhere else.

But if you just want to talk sheer strength and ability to absorb abuse, it's a solid axle all the way....

88gmt400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks guys for the info i knew the solid was the strongest (or i have also be into the solid front axles) but i got to thinkin if trophy trucks fun ifs and bash them like they do then surely to hell i can build my without a million bucks in it but i guess solid front axle for me

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
thanks guys for the info i knew the solid was the strongest (or i have also be into the solid front axles) but i got to thinkin if trophy trucks fun ifs and bash them like they do then surely to hell i can build my without a million bucks in it but i guess solid front axle for me

Our trucks and a trophy truck have nothing in common except the letters "its".

Components, geometry, etc. All of it is different.

There's just no way to make a gmt400 even comparable without spending mega bucks.

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Lol swiching to coils?

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk