I think I found a keeper. K2500 RCLB (Pigpen)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I ordered a new steering box, lines, nut, pitman arm, and rag joint. Weaving the wheel back and forth 1/2 a turn constantly is exhausting, and I don't look forward to doing it in the winter time.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
What box are you going with. My truck wanders and now that I don't drive it as much it is very noticeable.

Sent from a flagged XT1254
Tyler/T-Unit

azblacksheep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck is 8600gvwr and bar crank and stuffed 36's under. Trim fender and bumper is all, also wheel backspacing was like 4 something, stuck out a bit.

scratches and poo gone, because any pro painter knows scratches and poo can not be tolerated. Ha
I'm using the rear leafs off an 8600gvwr truck, and want the front end to sit as high. Would doing the torsion bars from the same truck lift my front end as well?

Welders can weld, and fitters can fit, but the porta-can-man knows his ****.

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
@azblacksheep yes sir. As long as its all going into a 3/4 ton or bigger truck. Bigger than 1/2 ton used (if I remember this correctly) different upper and lower control arms. And when you get the bars from another truck (though i haven't tested the effects) is you want to get the direction of the bars and which side they came out of labeled

Supposedly putting them in backwards and left for the right from a truck that was previously running them it may be a little goofy trying to get it to sit level again or it may ride oddly (again never tested but in all likelihood not worth worrying about)

Got pics of this junk you're driving?

And as always, rock beats scissors

azblacksheep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@azblacksheep yes sir. As long as its all going into a 3/4 ton or bigger truck. Bigger than 1/2 ton used (if I remember this correctly) different upper and lower control arms. And when you get the bars from another truck (though i haven't tested the effects) is you want to get the direction of the bars and which side they came out of labeled

Supposedly putting them in backwards and left for the right from a truck that was previously running them it may be a little goofy trying to get it to sit level again or it may ride oddly (again never tested but in all likelihood not worth worrying about)

Got pics of this junk you're driving?

And as always, rock beats scissors
I can see the side change having an effect. But that's just my understanding of metallurgy. It would be unnatural for the steel to twist different than it has for 20 years.
Anyway. It's going on a half ton. If anything, ill get the RC 2-3in lift upper control arms to compensate.
Funny, after I posted this I started a thread (probably should have done that first). It's titled "I'm not buying a 2500" (I'd hyperlink it but I'm not sure how on Tapatalk).
Here's the truck. I want torsion bars for the plow, and springs for the trailer.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

dave_erald

Live the dream, or don't, your choice...
Reaction score
I think gunny is going to dig the pigpen vibe coming from this thing.

I love W/T single headlight grilles...and the single tow hook.

Anywho... in this case it behooves you to get a length measurement and possibly a torsion bar diameter (the hex head that fits in the control arm) measurements before buying, and only because with out talking to somebody that has done this exact swap I couldn't say for sure if they are a direct bolt in, they should be, but this is also mother GM we are talking about right...

azblacksheep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think gunny is going to dig the pigpen vibe coming from this thing.

I love W/T single headlight grilles...and the single tow hook.

Anywho... in this case it behooves you to get a length measurement and possibly a torsion bar diameter (the hex head that fits in the control arm) measurements before buying, and only because with out talking to somebody that has done this exact swap I couldn't say for sure if they are a direct bolt in, they should be, but this is also mother GM we are talking about right...
I pad $2 for that grill!
I have both tow hooks installed now, it was removed to fab my plow bracket. But she's definitely a pigpen.

Last edited:

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
What box are you going with. My truck wanders and now that I don't drive it as much it is very noticeable.

Sent from a flagged XT1254
Tyler/T-Unit

AC Delco reman from Rock Auto

I'm using the rear leafs off an 8600gvwr truck, and want the front end to sit as high. Would doing the torsion bars from the same truck lift my front end as well?

Yes they have a higher spring rate and swap. Sweet truck BTW !

azblacksheep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good to know!
And thank you. It's my pride and joy. Got it from my dad this summer and have started the long road of restoring and renovating a beat up old work truck. 278k on the clock and still cherry.