I think I found a keeper. K2500 RCLB (Pigpen)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MYT HI

LOUD AND PROUD
Reaction score
lol, no worries, I tend to ramble and wander myself, the thread reflects that.

BTW, it was surprisingly easy to find my Trailblazer SS rear. I guess people crash alot of them lol, it was only 350, or maybe 360? IDK, it was less than 400 bucks. Maybe Silverado SS's end up smashed the same way?
I believe it. Fun cars with power = morons who think they can drive a race car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I believe it. Fun cars with power = morons who think they can drive a race car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, I really expected to have to search and search, but like four of them popped right up on Car-part.com in a hurry lol.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
My hub showed up today, I have to find some bolts, or wait for my GM ones to show up. Everything they use at work is 10.9 socket head, so I think I'll give that a whirl. For what it's worth, I've been using this brand of hub for awhile now, two year warranty, no questions asked. This one was 58.00.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
10.9 is the metric version of grade 8. Should be fine as long as the bolts you need are supposed to be metric.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
m14x1 huh? That's fine thread. I just checked the bolt bin here at my office and all we have is m14x2.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
m14x1 huh? That's fine thread. I just checked the bolt bin here at my office and all we have is m14x2.

Yep, leave it to GM lol. I have a set ordered, i just have no idea when they'll show up. I figured if I could get it together for free, it was worth a shot.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
So today, it dawned on me, that since I have four bolts, I can install both hubs and get the brakes fully on and checked for leaks and gravity bled. So I put two bolts in each hub, installed my axleshafts and got the calipers on and gravity bled for now.

I'm going to Ohio this weekend, so I'll put off ordering the disc conversion until next week, but I have ordered a new cover to put a fill plug in, an oil drain bolt and gasket, 1/4 nickel/copper line for the rear, and a adjustable prop valve.

Whenever my four new hub bolts show up I'll finish off the front, get the tires on it, and get it turned around to cut the drum stuff off.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I didn't do a thing this weekend except drink beer, sing karaoke, and swim in the point, but I did get alot of part's in.

My hub's are fully, properly bolted up now, I have the correct Prop valve for the 1/4 line to the rear, I have a cheesy chrome diff cover to weld a fill plug into, I have new axle seals. The only missing part is the disc brake kit from Lugnut4x4, and I have ot remake one of my flares that leaked. Maybe this time I'll buy a tool instead of the crappy, bent, rusty POS I rented from Autozone.

This is the prop valve I used, it was 44 bucks, the cheaper one is for 3/16 line.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
The prop valve you got is for 1/4" line? What made you decide to ditch the factory valve? I was tempted myself but thought I would see how things worked and only replace it if it was needed. So far I don't think I need to replace mine...yet.