I think I found a keeper. K2500 RCLB (Pigpen)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Oh, I also emailed Lugnut about their disc conversion. If I buy the 14b SF kit, and later upgrade to a FF, the same kit still works, as long as I keep the behind the hub brakes that this truck should have anyway. So that makes me feel much better about the disc swap.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
You could try and tighten the gearbox, there's nut on the top with a hex in the center I believe, you can snug it up a little to see if it helps any.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
You could try and tighten the gearbox, there's nut on the top with a hex in the center I believe, you can snug it up a little to see if it helps any.

I forgot to post, I unhooked the steering sensor and it quit being all weird.

But the full adjustment of the box requires it to be removed and a torque wrench used. So, if I'm going to do all that, I'll just replace my leaky 200k plowtruck box lol. Which is why I'm trying to do nothing if possible. Damn snowballs.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Well, i had three day's off, so of course, I worked on my Pigpen truck, at least until the PO curse bit me again.

ABS gone,

You must be registered for see images attach

Giant mess of poo,

Driverside torn down,

Rustoleum Pro spray bombed after a light scrapping/blasting.

The Previous owner curse... The driver's side had all four bolts, finger tight. Passenger is three oversized bolts, drilled an sort of tapped holes, and one busted corner. Not sure with I prefer.. On the bright side, that hub sounded like it had been lubed with gravel, so idon't feel so bad about having to order a new one.

Here's the driver's side all back together,

I tried some aircraft stripper on my rail caps,

They were way too pitted, so out came the sand,

That worked way better,

I did this wheel also,

Then cleared it, looks ok,

That's all until my new hub shows this week.

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
Leave to you to start blasting one thing then think "hmmmm those wheels look rough" lol and where are you finding gmt800 14b sf axles? I want one to replace my puny 10 bolt eventually

sent from my glade air freshner

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Well I wasn't terribly happy with how the stripper left them, and I'm not going to wet sand and polish them lol.

I usually check car-part.com first, then my local LKQ. In the 800, I don't think they ever had the SF 14b in six lug, I beleive that was a 400 oddity. However, I haven't seen an 800 with a FF axle yet, so it's a pretty safe bet any one you look at will have a SF. I'm not sure if all 800's got disc, but again, I haven't seen one without them.

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
Well I wasn't terribly happy with how the stripper left them, and I'm not going to wet sand and polish them lol.

I usually check car-part.com first, then my local LKQ. In the 800, I don't think they ever had the SF 14b in six lug, I beleive that was a 400 oddity. However, I haven't seen an 800 with a FF axle yet, so it's a pretty safe bet any one you look at will have a SF. I'm not sure if all 800's got disc, but again, I haven't seen one without them.
I believe they got disc up to 03 then they decided to go back to drum for some odd reason

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
Love the progress! Coming along nicely!

Thanks! I try to chip away at it, I may have sold my Ram, so it may get more urgent that I start driving this pile pretty quickly.

I believe they got disc up to 03 then they decided to go back to drum for some odd reason

Maybe in trucks? My Trailblazer has an SS rear, which is a SF14B with disc's as well. And dual piston calipers lol.

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
Thanks! I try to chip away at it, I may have sold my Ram, so it may get more urgent that I start driving this pile pretty quickly.

Maybe in trucks? My Trailblazer has an SS rear, which is a SF14B with disc's as well. And dual piston calipers lol.
Yeah I believe it was only a truck thing burbs and Tahoe kept the disc. Need me an ss rear I guess