I think I found a keeper. K2500 RCLB (Pigpen)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
I had looked online for pre-formed lines, and they sell them, but whole kits are over $250, so I decided to pass on that, since I can make them myself. The front lines were all good for my project, so all I would need is the front to rear, then the two across the axle. I decided i'm just going to make the front to rear line myself, but I did buy the two lines on the axle already pre-formed with the OEM style wrap on them, shipped for $35. I hadn't gotten to installing them on my project yet, but today during the work on my newer truck, one of the rear lines started leaking, and since I had them sitting right there, I opted to just throw them on, they turned out great. Now I have to buy another set lol

I bought preformed lines once, they didn't fit right lol. Since then I've just made them anyway. The copper/nickle line Dylan showed me looks pretty sweet, should outlast the truck.

My problem, like most old trucks, is my lines have been spliced, repaired, hacked, cut, bent... I just don't even feel like fooling with them. I don't have brakes now, I'll simply replace EVERY piece of the brake puzzle, and go from there lol.

Pigpen needs to be reliable, and ready, to go anywhere in the country at a moments notice, and drag back 10,000 lbs with no tow trucks, Pigpen IS the tow truck lol.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I've used the copper line before and it works very well, much easier to bend where you want it to go.

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
I've used the copper line before and it works very well, much easier to bend where you want it to go.

I messed with it today before work and I was impressed, bent it pretty hard by hand and it didn't kink. That's the problem I usually I have, I kink lines, or flare them without fittings :roflbow:

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
I have some of the copper tube sitting in my barn, but having the pre-formed lines with fittings already on them was just too appealing at the time. They were the perfect length, but I did have to tweak them a touch to get them to line up and go in, no big deal.
You must be registered for see images attach

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
That reminds me I need a new diff cover and my fill plug is a wad of JB Weld. I probably should buy these other axles lol.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
You can buy a cover with a fill hole in it, but if you want to use that as an excuse to swap rear axle too, pretend I never said anything haha

Jrgunn5150

Reaction score
You can buy a cover with a fill hole in it, but if you want to use that as an excuse to swap rear axle too, pretend I never said anything haha

Yeah I was going to get the Bluetorch Fab one. I was only looking for a front end, when I found a pair, 14b FF and Dana 44 front, 4.10, 8 lug.

That's why I'm all in limbo lol. The disc brake kit won't swap to the new axle, if I get it. I would prefer a FF. So if it's meant to be, it will be.

Dylan1991_1500

Long Bed Owner
Reaction score
25ft rolls are good for one truck with a few left over feet, not enough for two trucks for sure. The long line uses up a good chunk of the 25ft roll.