I screwed up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam Strasser

Reaction score
I’ve got a 95 Sierra 2wd manual that I’m in the process of dropping an lq9 in. I was originally going to chop up the lq9 harness and merge it with the original harness. Started cutting into it and realized I was in over my head and I’d save money on tunes in the future with Holley. Well I’ve got Holley and now I’m dead in the water with no harness to control the body stuff. I’ve searched for hours and posted on here to try and find the pin out for the black firewall connector and have yet to find anything. So here’s my question. What’s the best way to get a new body harness or repair what little I have left? It being a 95 it’s not interchangeable with 89-94 or 96+ I think. Also being manual it’s different I believe. So I’m having a hard time finding a solution

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Seems like everybody in the South is still driving their old trucks. When I went down to Virginia to get mine, they were everywhere!
Yup that's how it is in Houston area too. If you can't tote the note for a newer one, folks are still driving their older ones. Just like me lol!

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Yup lkq give them a call if not then your going to need to take a road trip to a yard that does or call multiple yards til you find what you need and maybe they’ll pull it then ship it to you vs the $$ to drive and get one? But just like anything that’s a lil not common it means that your going to have to do more to keep it up/do more leg work than the next more common 400 owner has to! it’s just the way it is with having something less common!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I wish I could. Middle Tennessee doesn’t seem to have a single 95 in a junkyard ;(

Have you checked car-part.com and row52.com? They index salvage yard inventories across the country and you can search by distance. Car-Part is full service yards, Row52 is you-pull-it yards.