I need a lil more umph

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Those are the nastiest damn things and no nos for me if I can't make it from the motor I don't need it

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Ok for starters Im gonna get a tbi and have sent out to phillip to be rebuilt and have the ultimate mods done. When I put it on Ill add the spacer Then ill decide what to next from there

hefftone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The big thing is that TBI heads don't flow. They are for low rpm torque and fuel efficiency. On top of that they have a gutless cam. The only cam that is worse is the one that is in my truck....goodwrench 350 crate.
With some vortec heads and a decent cam, you should pick up 80-100 HP.
Read Brian Harris' TBI truckmods page at tbichips.com. there is a lot of great info there on how to build a nice TBI 350 and where to prioritize upgrades and maximize power per dollar.
In my opinion. Its better to buy the big stuff first. That's going to yeild you the power. Stuff like slavers and ultimatetbi will bring more power when you are pull more air with a good head/cam package.

Android/Tapatalk

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I agree that they can make lot's of power, but I can't justify spending that much money on a TBI motor, when you can do an ls swap!

hefftone

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked up some vortec heads on Craigslist for $150. A cam can be had for around 100-250 dependeing on what you like. A carbed intake for 150-250. Splurge on some eBay headers and you have a nice combo.
I love the ls engines, if I loved my truck a whole lot more I would do the transplant. Personally I loom forward to the day I upgrade to a newer truck...2000 or newer, then again after the 2013+ models have come down.

Android/Tapatalk