I can't peel out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Wait, we were talking about just punching it at the line? I didn't know there were a single one of these pigs that could do that! Haha

The 96 will scratch doing that, it'll rotate them entering 2nd, & chirp 3rd. Factory setup.

SilveradoGuy85

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
e3 spark plugs try them theyre awesome u don't have to gap them I got them

I use Bosch Platinum 4s. They don't need to be gaped. Basically any spark plug that doesn't have just 1 ground electrode (the piece you gap) you don't need to gap. So if it has 2 or more of them, or like the E3 then it doesn't need to be gaped. I was going to try E3s, but someone on this forum said they don't really last. Might still try them once though.

Wait, we were talking about just punching it at the line? I didn't know there were a single one of these pigs that could do that! Haha

My 1st comment just talked about power braking it. On dry pavement mine won't leave marks or smoke. If I'm stopped and I turn right away like at a stop sign or light then it will chirp a little, but nothing to brag about.

I miss having a manual, but you rarely find these style trucks with a manual and if you find one for sale it's usually driven into the ground as a farm truck. I was going to swap out my 4L60e for the 5 speed and maybe even in a few years do a straight axle swap. Then it dawned on me that I could buy a 2nd truck that's pre-88 (73-87) which already has a straight axle and a better chance to find one with a manual for cheaper. And I still keep a good ride with the IFS.

Last edited:

heavychevy98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When i was building my truck i had it rolling on some 5.5in wide 10 ply trailer tires. Downshift from second to first and gap the throttle and let 'em burn.

Yeti_Owner

Why be sober?
Reaction score
Mine can, easily, as well. Unfortunately, the last time I got spunky with it on dry pavement *WILL BE THE LAST TIME* lol. I spun it through 1st and second, sideways, it made a godawful clunk. Then it didn't want to steer so well. Turns out my g80 locker works just frikking fine. And then it didn't quite want to unlock until I stopped completely. Scared the crap out of me, as I thought I wasted the rear axle.

Last edited: