I can't peel out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
I have yet to burn out in my truck but I will. My BFG's should put on a damn good show. They make alot of noise when they spin. I've taken some corners sideways before when I'm pissed off but never done a brake stand or tried from a dead stop recently. The old 350 is getting tired I think. We will give it a shot though.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
No problem lighting them up here. I even power slide around turns in third gear. I do have stock tires and 3.73's though.

Sent from Robland

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Is this normal for these generation of trucks :shrug: even with factory tires i could not peel out in my truck, even when power braking. And i have a 5.7L v8 350...

1) try to just push the brake pedal down a little, then ease down a little at a time on the gas, and ease on the brake a little at a time until your truck comes to a complete stop(keep her in 1st gear, so it doesn't auto-shift out while getting this down pat). If your front brakes are worn alot or your rears are adjusted too tight, you may be experiencing rear wheel lockup, so you're just overheating your trans.

2) if the above does not get you a burnout(even if one wheel peel), and your brakes are fine, is your engine accelerating to over 2500rpms? If it is, then your trans is slipping; if not, then you have either a weak engine or your gearing is too high(not likely, as I've done it in as high as 3.08's with a 305 vortec)

Hope this helps.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Also, my current 96(not the one with the 305/3.08's)did a spectacular burnout only once in it's life(exploded the g80 the next time it was attempted). Dry asphalt, started with a power brake and ease on the gas. Lit 'em up and held them around 3500rpms. Slowly let off the brake and watched it take me up to 35mph(on gps) across an empty mall parking lot, all the time the speedo reading 75+. Let out of it when I ran out of parking lot. It's a c1500 with the 3.73's and 235/75-15 HT tires.

My old 95, at 196,000 miles on the tbi-350 with 3.42's and 275/60-15 tiger paw gts rallyes would do a rolling burnout just by easing on the brakes and easing on the gas at the same time.....it would slow to about 20mph before it would break the tires free. Had straight pipes too, so don't let anyone fool you into thinking you lose all torque with straights.

dowsewashere

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
350 Vortec on 265 is PLENTY of power to spin the tires, heck i did a brake stand in the school parking lot to celebrate graduation highschool.
But at stoplights or stopsigns if i go WOT it will spin.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I can do a break stand in mine but taking off in a straight line.......yeah.....nothin....

Wait, we were talking about just punching it at the line? I didn't know there were a single one of these pigs that could do that! Haha