Hydro boost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
well slap that sucker inplace and tell me how great it is... maybe it will be enough to make me finally order new lines for mine and put it on.LOL ill hopefully be swapping out my lines for braided lines first if i can get my pops to help me when he gets back here to indy. i just dont want to have my truck down and be forced to drive my old impala as it sucks way to much gas and hates the highway!LOL at least with him up here in indy i can steal his car to go to work and he can just drive my ole impala intown if he needs to go to store.
only thing i need for my hydroboost swap is new powersteering lines.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
And wars all this about an nbs master cylinder..? Wats wrong with stock..?

Also the NBS master cylinder swap won't work with hydroboost neither will the vacuum boost regular 1/2 ton M/C, the O.D. bore size is to big to fit in the hydroboost unit, you definitly need a matching M/C for hydro boost truck.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sweet... Yea not sure wen im gonna put the hydro boost... Might wait till i get sum vaca time lined up since the LIMITED is my daily... Plus i gotta get all the parts 2gether... N E 1 kind enough to have a parts list handy..? Not sure if it makes a difference but its a 2000 3500 454 HD work truck...

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
you just need the lines for it to run from power steering pump, and if you have a factory non hydro pump then ive heard just use a T for the return low pressure side from the hydroboost unit and tap it into the power steering return line with some barb fittings and clamps.
the only line i have not been able to find is the cooling line! i took a hydroboost cooling fin from a nbs truck since all the OBS ones where rusted and just looked like crap and id wouldnt really trust them. but i just cut the lines on mine. i think i can just put it inline with the return but not positive.
ive heard some people say the cooling isnt needed, and some say it should be.... i figure since it had a cooler from factory then its probably needed.

best place for pics would be lmctruck.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/865w/0116.jpg

Last edited:

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanx A2B... Im gonna try collecting all the components from the same 3500 i think all i need is the power steering pump and the steering box and lines... My LIMITED is equipped with a power steering cooler from factory... So woot woot....

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
you just need the lines for it to run from power steering pump, and if you have a factory non hydro pump then ive heard just use a T for the return low pressure side from the hydroboost unit and tap it into the power steering return line with some barb fittings and clamps.
the only line i have not been able to find is the cooling line! i took a hydroboost cooling fin from a nbs truck since all the OBS ones where rusted and just looked like crap and id wouldnt really trust them. but i just cut the lines on mine. i think i can just put it inline with the return but not positive.
ive heard some people say the cooling isnt needed, and some say it should be.... i figure since it had a cooler from factory then its probably needed.

best place for pics would be lmctruck.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cd/865w/0116.jpg

lmc has the cooling lines, both styles

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
lmc has the cooling lines, both styles

o they do but no way in hell im gonna pay 150 for the dam cooler new.LOL

and monster.... you dont have to replace steering box! and see what motor is in the donor truck and if its a big block going into your small block truck the pump might be different. maybe not positive but the bracket probably doesnt work at least.
when i got my pump it was from the same 5.7vortec and i just bought the whol ebracket with pump. the bracket was pretty cheap and best of all i dont have to screw with the dam pulley puller just to unbolt the pump from the bracket. so hopefully i can just unbolt the ac and pop the whole bracket off the motor and bolt new one up. :)