Hydro boost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

addiction2bass

junkyard junkie
Reaction score
not sure if older trucks but for my 97 ive been told to make sure and use the push rod from the hydroboost onto a hydroboost master cylinder. not sure if older ones where the same or not.
the swap looks pretty easy. but then again i have one for my 97 already and im just to lazy to instal it in my truck! only thing i need is some new lines for it since i got mine from 2 different trucks. i got all the main firewall parts from a HD truck 454. and later i found a 350vortec with the hydroboost on it so i bought the front ac/powersteering bracket and PS pump on it. i also bought a decent looking cooler but the lines where already cut, i think i just need some barb fittings and clamps so i can still use the cooler.

and from what ive heard you can use your stock PS pump you just have to T into the return line and it should work fine. but then again its probably better to run the real hydroboost pump since it has 2 return lines into the pump so it should flow alittle better.