Hydro boost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
What exactly is hydro boost? How would u go about doing it on 90 k1500

its a hydrolic brake booster that runs on the power steering pump

you unbolt your master and let it hang, then remove the vacuum booster, install the hydro booster and then bolt on your master, you then change your ps pump to a hydro boost style and add the booster hoses and steering cooler

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
its a hydrolic brake booster that runs on the power steering pump

you unbolt your master and let it hang, then remove the vacuum booster, install the hydro booster and then bolt on your master, you then change your ps pump to a hydro boost style and add the booster hoses and steering cooler

Hmmm didnt realise it was actually that simple...will def have to consider it for my K3500. I should ask my buddy what happened to the Hydraboost set up from the '95 donor truck that my '94s engine came out of.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Hmmm didnt realise it was actually that simple...will def have to consider it for my K3500. I should ask my buddy what happened to the Hydraboost set up from the '95 donor truck that my '94s engine came out of.

a k3500 should already be hydro? at least i never noticed one not having it

worst part is unbolting the booster from the firewall and getting the brake rod clip off

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i know diesel and 454 3/4 and tons had it but im not sure about 350 equipped trucks.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
You can also just drill and tap your stock steering box.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
You can also just drill and tap your stock steering box.

what???

he needs a hydroboost steering pump, not a steering box, the pump has a extra return line in the side of the reservoir, the steering box has nothing to do with hydro brakes.

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
what???

he needs a hydroboost steering pump, not a steering box, the pump has a extra return line in the side of the reservoir, the steering box has nothing to do with hydro brakes.

You can just T into the return line from the steering box, it's a low pressure hose, no hydroboost steering pump reservoir needed.

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
a k3500 should already be hydro? at least i never noticed one not having it

worst part is unbolting the booster from the firewall and getting the brake rod clip off

Im surprised it doesn't have it actually...

i know diesel and 454 3/4 and tons had it but im not sure about 350 equipped trucks.

Thats what makes things really messed up...It is a 454 1 ton originally.