Hunter's 97 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
No banner? :(

No, I miss the look of the banner but mine was in bad shape. I used a paint marker to touch up the letters and I did a bad job. I'm going to keep an eye out for a new one, but I can't justify spending $400 on a new one.

Here's a before pic.

You must be registered for see images attach

Chevy-Art

LS1 Truck Club Member
Reaction score
If I did this, but did not do the six lug conversion, what backspacing would you recommend. I would like to stay five lug. And also stay flush, without the wheels sticking out.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
If I did this, but did not do the six lug conversion, what backspacing would you recommend. I would like to stay five lug. And also stay flush, without the wheels sticking out.
Skinny wheels with little backspacing if you are doing the spindles. I have stock wheels and they stick out

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score

Unfortunatly your not going to get anything that doesn't stick out. My factory wheels are almost touching the spindles with the .25" spacer, they did touch without the spacer. So your not going to get anything to tuck more than what I have now. Factory nnbs 17's are 7.5" wide with a +31 offset. I really don't think you will fit a factory 16" wheel on even with a spacer due to the angle of the spindle. Also been told by someone on fsc.com that they had some 17x9's with +18 offset and they could not run them without spacers because they hit the spindle.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score

to keep your tires as flush as possible, you can buy the rough country 2" lift (what I have) and a 2" body lift and run whatever wheels you want. You get the same 4" of lift but it does bring some problems like alignment not being able to be set to factory specs, rough ride and they will probably settle a little. I haven't checked mine but I've had it for 2 years and I'm sure it's sitting lower than it was.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
So I just got this in, I haven't order from Jegs in forever, but they were the cheapest, free s&h and it got here in 2 days. So now I have to find some paint that will match with blue interior, anyone know where I can find some? And anyone know which trans cooler line is the feed and which is the return? I got a free trans cooler, it's brand new, but a little small but it'll do for now.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Also took some random flew shots the other day.