Hunter's 97 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
The tires are ok. They are wearing great, I have 20k on them and they are way more than half tread. They do decent in the rain, not the best, but decent. I guess pretty good in the little bit of mud they've been in but I've never had them in the snow. If I do I can let you know.

I wouldn't buy them again on this truck, only because I think I'm going more aggressive with the next set of tires. But I would put them on my wife's 4Runner.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Cool thanks. I got a deal on some in a 285 for a little over 400. I figured for the price i couldnt go wrong . Would have preferred more of a true a/t tire.

Sent from my SM-N910P

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
So I've gotten a few little things done with the 97, got my drivers door lock and keyless entry working, fixed my reverse lights after replacing the NSS twice, gots some LED reverse light bulbs, got new 5000k HID's and did the 4hi mod and made my own relay harness for the hids. Also got me a new cd player. Next thing is to do something about my horrible looking tailgate, this truck had been in a carport its whole life, I guessing having the tailgate out in the weather wasn't good for it.

You must be registered for see images attach

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
To bad it's going to be bad weather this week, just got a bunch of new parts in... AC Delco 7200gvw drilled and slotted rotors, AC delco ceramic pads, AC delco 3/4 ton calipers and a 02 1500 master cylinder. She should be stopping a lot better now. No more soft pedal.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
How are you liking the LEDs in your reverse lights? Do they cast more light than the stock bulbs?

I'm looking to upgrade mine to LED, but only if they are brighter than stock.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
How are you liking the LEDs in your reverse lights? Do they cast more light than the stock bulbs?

I'm looking to upgrade mine to LED, but only if they are brighter than stock.

I honestly don't know, when I got them fixed I put leds in them, never used the regular bulbs at night, though they don't put out like I thought they would.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Traded my under the bed rail DeeZee box for this one. The DeeZee leaked really bad, I have no idea why, but this one is bone dry on the inside. I like that I can run to Home Depot and put sheets of plywood and 2x4's in my bed now. Only downside is no keys.

You must be registered for see images attach

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can see the lock number on the cylinder go to eBay and type in the number and key. It worked for the box I got off Craig's list. It was a 529 so I searched 529 key and got two of them for like $6 iirc. Cheaper than a new locks anyway.