Hunter's 97 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Do those nnbs wheels have the same backspacing as your factory wheels? I'm looking at the same lift and I wanna know if I should buy some spacers to run?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

No. 2wd Gmt400 wheels are like 3.5-4" backspacing and these wheels are around 5.25". So with the front nnbs wheels will rub the spindles. Either you can grind the spindles down a little, but then you have to worry about the center cap fitting right, or I just installed some .25" spacers and everything fit good.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
No. 2wd Gmt400 wheels are like 3.5-4" backspacing and these wheels are around 5.25". So with the front nnbs wheels will rub the spindles. Either you can grind the spindles down a little, but then you have to worry about the center cap fitting right, or I just installed some .25" spacers and everything fit good.

Okay thanks for the help

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Well I finally got time to wrench on her this morning, changes the injectors, plugs, wires, cap and rotor and a new PVC valve. Took me about 3hrs taking my time. Runs a lot smoother and cranks right up on warm start!

You must be registered for see images attach

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Just got back from Oriellys, had to get a new outside door handle and door lock actuator for the drivers door and pins and bushings for both doors. So looks like I'll have more to do this weekend!

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How hard was the spider to do? Any write up you folowed

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
It was pretty easy. I didn't follow a right up. Just pulled the intake off and put them in. Seem like I remember seeing a video on YouTube b4

nortex

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had one put in my old tahoe that has less than 1000 miles on it. I want to swap it to the new tahoe. But can't decide if its worth it

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
So I borrowed a door stand from the body shop my cousin works at and changed my door pins and bushings.

Also didn't have the tool to install the springs, so I just used a few zipties. Worked pretty good.

Now all I got left to do is replace my drivers door outside handle and the drivers door lock actuator.

phule

Back in a 400 again
Reaction score
Im looking at ordering a set of rugged terrains. I know your in the south, have you ever used them in snow? How are they would you buy again?

Sent from my SM-N910P