How many bolts hold these beds on?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Okay so i'm about to replace the fuel pump in my 97 ECLB 454... never taken one of these beds off, how many bolts hold them on.. i saw 4 main ones but are they bolted at each cross member deals of the bed or do they just get held in place by studs?

I just really don't want to drop the tank, or have to cut a hole in the bed floor.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Yes, there are 8 total. Each corner has 2 bolts about 8" from each other. Don't forget to disconnect the tail light harness and the ground strap. They don't give you much room to move.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
You'll also have to pull the hitch to get to the rear most bolts

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
The hitch is attached to the bumper since it's one of those DMI rear bumpers...

Any chance i can just sawzall some of them off? I'd prefer to replace them anyhow, and i'll be painting the frame and underbody

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Wait nevermind i saw them, they are like bumper bolts.. i think i should be able to get them... if not i guess i'll have to drop the tank :nono:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Your going to destroy alot of sawzall blades cutting stuff that hard those are grade 8

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Yeah and then the threads would still be in there... i thought they were nuts and bolts but they are more like bumper bolts, hopefully i'll be able to get them off with the impact. I've got a ceiling hoist at the shop to pull the bed, i'll just have to get out there.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I have to go at my bed bolts with a breaker bar