How rare is this combo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kens1990K2500

One Piece At A Time
Reaction score
At my jobsite, I saw a GMT400 in a cab/bed combo that I have never seen before: it was a crew cab, with a SHORT bed, and single rear wheels. It appeared to be a later (Vortec) truck. Most of the crew cab trucks I have seen have both dual rear wheels, and a long bed. It was so strange to see one configured like the one I saw.

Just curious how many other people have run across this combo?

Attachments

• 20230830_143427.jpg
    20230830_143427.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 33

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
99/00 2500 and 3500, single or dual rear wheels. Not super common but not rare either. If you see a 1/2 ton crew cab it's either a Centurion aftermarket conversion or someone's swapped the running gear. IDK if Centurion ever used the shortbeds.

Last edited:

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Mine is a 1999 model year, the dealer stored it (and 2 others) way in the back of the lot as if nobody really wanted them.
Battery was totally dead upon first inspection.

Sticker listed the price around 37k, they let it go for just under 30K. Guess they might have had a hard time selling these at the time. The NBS were already on the streets.

The 3 I had to chose from had all been "conversions" even though they left the factory as short bed crew cabs single rear wheels (rpo does list bumper delete). The others had been Ducks Unlimited IIRC, a black one and a green one, these conversions consisted of rear step bumpers, nerf bars, embroidered leather seats, wood grain interior etc. Not worth the approx 7K extra on the price tags.

From my research at the time a plane jane white CCSB 4X4 would have cost around 29k IIRC.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Went to get a pizza this evening, and there's one in front of us! He must've pulled out of the Popeyes or the quicky mart at the corner, because I know he wasn't alongside us!
Gotta be a pretty rare occurrence, nowadays...two 400 4 doors in the same lane of the intersection....he went on down Post Oak and we turned into the shopping center where the Caesars is. A Cheyenne instead of a Silverado, but gotta be '99 or 2000. Definitely 3/4 or one ton.
I kept looking at it as I'm taking pictures...and I'm thinking, there's not enough space between the toolbox and the tailgate; I was first thinking it was another CCLB. Then I realized it was a CCSB, as he turned in front of us this was confirmed!

Attachments

• IMG_20230902_174952805_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230902_174952805_HDR.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 28

Kens1990K2500

One Piece At A Time
Reaction score

Mine is a 1999 model year, the dealer stored it (and 2 others) way in the back of the lot as if nobody really wanted them.
Battery was totally dead upon first inspection.

Sticker listed the price around 37k, they let it go for just under 30K. Guess they might have had a hard time selling these at the time. The NBS were already on the streets.

The 3 I had to chose from had all been "conversions" even though they left the factory as short bed crew cabs single rear wheels (rpo does list bumper delete). The others had been Ducks Unlimited IIRC, a black one and a green one, these conversions consisted of rear step bumpers, nerf bars, embroidered leather seats, wood grain interior etc. Not worth the approx 7K extra on the price tags.

From my research at the time a plane jane white CCSB 4X4 would have cost around 29k IIRC.
Sharp looking truck. I like the dark blue color on a pickup truck. I just posted a photo of the truck I saw, by the way.

Kens1990K2500

One Piece At A Time
Reaction score
Went to get a pizza this evening, and there's one in front of us! He must've pulled out of the Popeyes or the quicky mart at the corner, because I know he wasn't alongside us!
Gotta be a pretty rare occurrence, nowadays...two 400 4 doors in the same lane of the intersection....he went on down Post Oak and we turned into the shopping center where the Caesars is. A Cheyenne instead of a Silverado, but gotta be '99 or 2000. Definitely 3/4 or one ton.
I kept looking at it as I'm taking pictures...and I'm thinking, there's not enough space between the toolbox and the tailgate; I was first thinking it was another CCLB. Then I realized it was a CCSB, as he turned in front of us this was confirmed!
Cool! Thanks for snapping a photo. Quick reaction time! (I finally got around to posting a photo of the truck I was talking about.)