Not sure if this is the right place.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5spdkass

Reaction score
Hello! I’m new to these sorts of threads. I’m not sure if this is the place to post this but if not pls direct me to where!
I have a 1991 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 350CC 5spd Manual transmission short wheel base 4x4.
Parts that are needed :
transmission crossmember mount bolts
bolts for transfer case
front and rear drive shafts bolts
probably exhaust bolts.
We’ve called many dealers and everytime we give them the vin and make they tell us it doesn’t exist or they’ve never heard of a truck like that or it comes up as automatic it’s one of the 3 every time. We think it’s a original 5spd, it doesn’t look like it’s been changed, when we bought it we weren’t told if it was original or changed i didn’t ask. Fly wheel was fvked so went to replace it and the person helping lost every single piece i’ve listed. It’s been 2 years Still can’t find a single thing. If anyone could help i’d be super appreciative!!!
You must be registered for see images attach

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Hi, if needed I can junkyard for the bolts and ship them to you next week.
I love to see/read this right here this is what it truely is all about people helping other people that like the same thing I wish things like this happened more times then they actually do good on you for stepping up helping a new person out

Last edited:

Sean Buick 76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I love to see/read this right here this is what it truely is all about people helping other people that like the same ting I wish things like this happened more times then they actually do good on you for stepping up helping a new person out
Absolutely and she can just pay the shipping fees plus what the yard charges me which won’t be much. I’ve needed help so I help others.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1991 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 350CC 5spd Manual transmission short wheel base 4x4.

We’ve called many dealers and everytime we give them the vin and make they tell us it doesn’t exist or they’ve never heard of a truck like that or it comes up as automatic it’s one of the 3 every time. We think it’s a original 5spd, it doesn’t look like it’s been changed, when we bought it we weren’t told if it was original or changed i didn’t ask.
You've got some pretty good help so far but one thing I'll add is you should have the dealer print out a build sheet based on your VIN. Being a 1991 it could be hit or miss as to whether the info is still available, as the older the truck is, the less of them I've been able to pull. Same results with a pay service like Compnine dot com. The dealer should provide this to you for free if you ask 'em nicely.

On 1988-1994 the RPO codes (all the production options for your vehicle) are the 3 digit codes on the sticker inside the glovebox, otherwise known as the SPID (service parts identification) label; this has all the info like which engine, transmission, axle ratio, brake system, paint color, so on and so on. "Decoding" this list will tell you what transmission the truck came with, for example. Unfortunately, that location in the glovebox on these years is on the -floor- of the glovebox so that very often the information is worn illegible. If you can still read any of it, get a nice clear digital pic and keep it somewhere safe.

BTW trucks like yours were absolutely offered with a 5 speed transmission. Yours also has the less-common 6 spoke aluminum wheels. Be careful with the black plastic caps that go over the lug nuts; they're unique to this wheel design and cannot be substituted with the more common caps on the other wheel designs.

I had a truck almost same as yours, many years ago, at my salvage yard/shop. 1991 K1500, with those wheels, but it was a 5.7 w/automatic. Unfortunately it was one of the trucks the dealer was unable to retrieve the build sheet for, and the SPID label was toast. Interesting truck in that it had the Silverado interior with the nice door panels and seats, but had crank windows - less common with the up-level interior but they did make a few this way.

Richard

Last edited: