How long does the average set of 35's last?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
bias ply 35s maybe 10-15k

toyos 50k

bfgs 40 k

your average 35" tire maybe 30k

really depends on the brand and the tire compound. Toyos have a hard compound, bias ply swampers have a very soft compound (better for off road). When I ran boggers I rotated every 1k miles and ran 35 psi in them. I put about 5k one them and they had about 2/3 tread left.

I would look for a used set IMO.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
The more knobby, GENERALLY the less life.

(stay away from BFG, some guys swear by it- but my dad has been getting them for his K-5 for years and he just eats them up with normal driving. I haven't heard much good about them from the tire guys either. Not necessarily the gospel truth, but I would never get them.)

40-60k would be your range. As they said ^^^ a lot of it comes down to brand and tires, how you drive and what you drive on. Correctly balanced and mounted tires will also last much longer than their unbalanced counterparts. And keep in mind if you live in a sunny state, splitting from sunlight could potentially kill the sidewalls long before the tread is worn out if you don't keep on top of it.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I have never heard anything good about bfg's either, its always been that they wear quick, i would say if you get them from a local dealer see what the warranty is on then, the warranty on my cooper discoverer atp's is 55000 miles and that is for any damage done whether on or offroad

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got 20k on several sets of bias swampers, 50k on bfg at, 40k on bfg mt. although I have gotten as few as 1500 on new rears haha.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Well, I run BFG AT's.

Great tires.

They last me around 5 years on a set, which would run around 90-100,000 kms (55-60,000 miles).

My miles are almost all pavement.

Can't speak for 31"+ BFG or thier MT sets though.....

92GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive gotten 30k out of swamper ssr's and 60k out of mickey thompson mtz's. i will never buy another set of swampers for a dd. yea they look cool but the road manners suck. the mtz has been by far my favorite tire ive owned.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my ssrs were great tires on and off road, only reason I don't still run them is the fast wear. mine were in 33s though. thornbirds were terrible, sxs good and boggers surprisingly decent. ive always had a hd3/4 or 1-ton so the weight over a 1/2 ton probably accelerated wear some. my dad got 60k plus on 285 bfg at on his hd3/4 though.

redchevy914x4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran BFG A/T's and got right about 45k before I sold them used so I could still get something out of them. I bought Toyo M/T's and got over 55k out of them and sold them used with a little life left. I run Kelly Safari TSR's now but it is too soon to tell how the wear will be, I doubt it will be as good as the toyo's though. I would have bought the Toyo's again but I hate Les Schwab and that is the only place you can get them in the Northwest.