Hooker Competition Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Awesome, thats gonna look good when its done. those s-bands will really save you alot of work

bjones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bolted up both headers today, built the bullets in with the x pipe and got the majority of the driver's side crossover done. I didn't have a chance to grab pics by dark (damn winter time dusk) but first thing tomorrow I'll grab pics of what's done so far and a video of the truck running open headers (because I'm 5 :D)

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
Bolted up both headers today, built the bullets in with the x pipe and got the majority of the driver's side crossover done. I didn't have a chance to grab pics by dark (damn winter time dusk) but first thing tomorrow I'll grab pics of what's done so far and a video of the truck running open headers (because I'm 5 :D)

did ya get it all put together?

bjones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
any update??

did ya get it all put together?

I did! But school started up and it's been keeping me super busy. The system is still a little rough, I have to make a couple of adjustments and I found out that 2 3" pipes don;t like to pass through a space made for only one (between the leaf spring and gas tank on the passenger side over-axle). I'll make some time to finish it out and get all the pictures up as I promised! So far I'm extremely happy with the sound. The exhaust DID mute the cam a little bit, but it;s a 224/230 @112 so it still lopes pretty good. Sounds mellow when cruising or going easy but really screams when you're on it. I couldn't be happier with the x-pipe true dual combination!

bjones

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am surprised you didnt feel a loss in low end with dual 3"

With a 224/230 cam and a 3k stall he probably didn't have a whole lot to begin with, lol

The system is actually dual 2 1/2" to the mufflers, then dual 3" over axle pipes. I actually didn't lose any low end as far as my butt tells me, I actually feel like it picked up seriously all round, low and high. The 3K stall helps it go down low though, plus the truck has 4.10s so it will pull a mid 7 0-60 on the right day :D

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How did those locking bolts work out for you? Any leaks around the headers/heads? I am going to have to grind down a wrench or socket to tighten the back bolt on the passenger side. Nothing closed end will fit on it and an open end wrench slides off...