Hid lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Kn1gnt, what would you reccomend for a high and low set, preferably 55w about 5000k? I have a 93 1500 rcsb, i have a set on there, no idea who makes it or what brand, i got a deal from my stereo guy a long time ago waay before i had my pickup, all i know is there 5000k (love the bright white color) and they have analog ballasts but i wanna replace em and add a high beam set aswell

kn1ght

Banned
Reaction score
I run 35W in both high and low. 5000k is the closest to natural light. Meaning it provides the most visibility. Once you start going either direction of 5000k you start to gain color, but lose visibility. Your best bet is to do the "4-high mod" and run both sets of HID's while your brights are on. I've never used 55W personally, so I can't tell you much about them man.

Half Assed

WINNERS NEVER LIFT
Reaction score
I have 6k "Auto Face" brand HIDs from ebay. They were $32 shipped. Going on 3 months without any problems.

LordFinesse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I run 35W in both high and low. 5000k is the closest to natural light. Meaning it provides the most visibility. Once you start going either direction of 5000k you start to gain color, but lose visibility. Your best bet is to do the "4-high mod" and run both sets of HID's while your brights are on. I've never used 55W personally, so I can't tell you much about them man.

you mean run 2 low beam headlight sets at the same time with the 4 hi mod?

97SubMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The writeup on the amazon link that knight posted says "not compatible with daytime running lights"....why would that be? and are there any HID kits out there that will do running lights?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
The writeup on the amazon link that knight posted says "not compatible with daytime running lights"....why would that be? and are there any HID kits out there that will do running lights?

Depends.

If you have DRL that run the low beams on reduced power (dimmer than standard low beam selection), HID's won't work with them. It will burn your ballasts out.

Same-same with if your high beams if they're your DRL's and converting to HIDs.

I've got a cheap ebay kit. Paid 40 bucks.

4300k D2S capsules.

They're running my TSX projectors that I retrofitted into some aftermarket housings.

Runnin' fine for 6 months now.

100X better than the stock halogens and fluted lenses.

I only bought them as a stop gap measure until I could afford a better set of ballasts and some proper phillips d2 capsules.

They may end up in my off road lights if they go the distance....