Hi everyone (: Im new here.. maybe i could get some help?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WarHawk919

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Hi everyone! Here's 'Papa' my 96' 3500 it has a 454 in it and recently I noticed a pretty nice coolant leak.. the oil cooler lines have been dripping as well so I am guessing I should swap those out too.
Can all of that be done from just under the hood or do I need to get under it?
My dually is lowered and currently sitting on my inclined driveway with a dead battery.
Want to get it back on the road asap.
Any advice is appreciated.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Identify where the leaks are. Oil cooler lines have tube to hose swagged fittings or "O" rings in end fittings. To replace the oil cooler lines, the engine side is at filer adapter or that area. If you can't get under, parking brake set, chock/ block rear wheels, jack front end install jack stands before sliding under.
That's a start.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a steep driveway and your best bet is to put the truck on ramps on the driveway. If your oil cooler lines connect to the radiator you can disconnect the top one w/o crawling underneath but you'll need to crawl underneath to get to the lower line. Because you have a dead battery, you'll need to:
A. Jump the truck with another vehicle
B. Trickle Charge the battery
C. Get a new battery (If your battery is 5+ years old, replace it)

To find the coolant leak, I'd look under the hood first, but you'll also want to look underneath as well. Using ramps will help a lot.

Ranger550

Reaction score
Check and make sure your water pump weep hole isn't leaking, Put some cardboard under the vehicle to see where it's leaking exactly. Might have a freeze plug leak.