Hi, 1991 Silverado owner here - need a little help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMSteve455

Reaction score
Hi. I've had Chevy trucks since the late 1990's and have had my current 1991 Silverado since 2006. It's in original condition with the 350 and the stock Aluminum wheels which I recently had stripped and re-clear coated. Somewhere along the way I lost one of the lug caps for the wheels. I'd really like to find an original one and not aftermarket. This is the black lug cover without the ridge around it for holding a center cap on. There is a small center cap on these wheels that do not cover the lug nuts - they are recessed into the wheel and the lug caps are exposed. The original ones I have say "remove" on them with arrows.

Might someone have one they could sell me? Any chance someone has some NOS ones to sell? I haven't found any on Ebay or elsewhere.

Thank you.

Steve

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
Hi. I've had Chevy trucks since the late 1990's and have had my current 1991 Silverado since 2006. It's in original condition with the 350 and the stock Aluminum wheels which I recently had stripped and re-clear coated. Somewhere along the way I lost one of the lug caps for the wheels. I'd really like to find an original one and not aftermarket. This is the black lug cover without the ridge around it for holding a center cap on. There is a small center cap on these wheels that do not cover the lug nuts - they are recessed into the wheel and the lug caps are exposed. The original ones I have say "remove" on them with arrows.

Might someone have one they could sell me? Any chance someone has some NOS ones to sell? I haven't found any on Ebay or elsewhere.

Thank you.

Steve
Alot of pick and pulls have them but around my area there gettin harder to find in decent shape. Just an idea. Have you checked LMC truck

89obsSB

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Thank you.

Steve
Post pictures and someone may be able to help you out.

99xcss4

frank'n (truburban) K-2500
Reaction score
Alot of pick and pulls have them but around my area there gettin harder to find in decent shape. Just an idea. Have you checked LMC truck
it is getting harder every day to find 90s and older cars/trucks in junk yards these days reguardless of where you are at it seems to me every time some older car/truck hits the yard it is picked out in a few days I blame cash for clunkers it was bad for the used car market and used parts market

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
it is getting harder every day to find 90s and older cars/trucks in junk yards these days reguardless of where you are at it seems to me every time some older car/truck hits the yard it is picked out in a few days I blame cash for clunkers it was bad for the used car market and used parts market
Aint that the truth. We have a local junkyard to were if you saw something you think you need you have to get it then. Because if not that truck will be down to the frame the next time you go. Thats like evey 2 days. But they specifically buy obs trucks so they have a bit of them.

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
hmmm a junk yard that manly goes after older tucks sounds like a grown mans playground to me also reminds me of a mythical square body grave yard I her of some where else that I do not remember
Yea its a grown mans play ground for sure there 2 tow trucks are 95s chevy3500HD series

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score

Thank you.

Steve
Did you find them man.

GMSteve455

Reaction score
Hi. I have not found them. I haven't ventured out to any local bone yards yet but last time I was there was pretty slim picking. Here are pictures of the wheel and a close up of the lug cap. I'm also looking for center caps that I can polish and clear coat. Mine have pits in them so I'm considering making some on my lathe if I can't find any out in the wild.

I can check LMC truck as well.

Thanks for the help.

Steve

Attachments

• Cropped.jpg
    Cropped.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20230804_165632762.jpg
    PXL_20230804_165632762.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 7