HELP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i bought some used lift spindles for my 90 sierra that im lifting back up (its lowered right now) and im having a MAJOR issue and i need help as fast as possible. it currently has bell tech drop spindles and heavy duty rotors/bearings (94 silverado extended cab). my problem is that the bearings and brake rotors will not fit correctly on the spindle... the inner bearings (timken set5's) fit the lift spindle and the drop spindle, the outers (timken set3's) also fit the lift spindle and drop spindle, they also fit inside the rotor correctly as well... now, when i install the brake rotor onto the lift spindle it pushes the outer bearing out to far and it wont seat on the spindle, which also causes me to not have enough room to put the key wayed flat washer and nut on, and put a cotter key in the hole. i did a quick measurement of the drop spindle and the lift spindles center shaft (or whatever you wanna call it) and the lift spindle is almost a half inch shorter than the drop spindles center shaft. i did all kinds of searching on the internet trying to find answers but i came up empty handed other then finding out what brand my spindles might possibly be from looking at lift spindle pics... basically what i need to know is what 5 lug rotors to use with my bearings on my lift spindles. PS. thanks in advance
my lift spindles look these.
You must be registered for see images attach

here are my actual spindles

and the truck they are going on

have these waiting to go on it as well

im going for somewhat of this look with mine just not as big of a tire

Last edited:

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also my truck is halfway tore apart right now. one side is still all together and lowered, the other side is just waiting for the answer to this rotor issue so i can put the rest the the tore apart side together (install brake rotor, caliper, inner fender, and wheel)

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
is there a part number on the spindle?

i know earlier trucks used narrow disc brakes, which took narrow spindles, this could be your problem.

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nope, no part number. just a casting date, and a ck3-Rh/ck3Lh if i remember correctly. but a narrower disc that fits heavy duty bearings is whats needed

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well, here's to another bump.... before i start my brake rotor mod to move the outer bearing inward farther and hopefully make it work. will report back some time tomorrow letting you all know if it did or didn't work, and to see if anyone has any insight, advise, or knows what will work. thanks.

Last edited:

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i tried, along with about 6 other rotors with the same lug pattern. it seems like it takes a light duty rotor, but the inner bearing for that rotor doesn't fit the spindle because its to small. it takes the heavy duty inner bearing like my drop spindles do. thus needing the heavy duty rotor as well, which is also causing it to push the outer bearing about 3/8" out to far....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
98 Money Pit