HELP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i pulled them off of a 88-98 extra cab in the junk yard, the idiot who put them on must have had the same issue as me because he just put a smaller outer bearing in the old rotors that i removed so they would sit in farther, but not riding completely in the bearing race. mine look like the exact same spindle as in this thread. http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?20927-Mystery-lift-spindles

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Hmmm, im wondering, did you try to use the stock upper control arms? i cant see why the spindles would have UCA's, wondering if maybe the stock ones wouldn't work (Balljoint size?)

something isnt making sense here, there is only 2 types of rotors for these trucks.

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the stock upper ball joints work fine, i took them off of the stock control arms (been replaced before) and am putting them on the tubulars, they also go into the spindle the correct way as well. EVERYTHING bolts up to the spindle correctly EXCEPT the rotor

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i would post actual pics of problem area, but i cant because i removed the outer bearing race from the rotor to check something. basically the issue is the space from one bearing to the other (inner/outer) is about 3/8" different from one spindle to the other. also bearings fit on both drop and lift spindles correctly as well

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
i would post actual pics of problem area, but i cant because i removed the outer bearing race from the rotor to check something. basically the issue is the space from one bearing to the other (inner/outer) is about 3/8" different from one spindle to the other. also bearings fit on both drop and lift spindles correctly as well

i really dont get it, maybe they were made wrong?

project 67 sub

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i think im gonna give it a shot on one rotor and see how it goes, if it works i will do the other one. if not i will have to buy new spindles and one rotor lol. :(