Heavy load

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had about 1800-2000Lbs worth of paving stones and sand. Had about 80PSI in the tires and I still had low profile tires. Times like this I love having a truck!!

Post up heavy/weird/dangerous loads that you guys have had to haul!!

Attachments

• p_00060[1].jpg
    p_00060[1].jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 377

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had 40 boxes of hardwood flooring in my 88 k1500, about 32 psi in the tires and about a buck fifty psi in my air shocks, still squatted low and had low tires lol, it was around 1600 or more lbs of wood, no pics but gotta haul the same load sometime soon. I'll try to get pics then.

silverado_06

Resident Canuck.
Reaction score
not a clue on the lbs of this load. but it was a bunch of cinder blocks, had to make 2 trips. tires where at the normal 40psi if that matters. also the next day i came out and noticed a puddle of oil under the back of my truck. turns out the shocks didn't like that load.

You must be registered for see images attach

towman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i heat with a wood pellet stove and buy them by the ton, i know the 94 half ton is not real impressed when i do that, i have a 87 half ton and it does hold the weight better they are both 4 wheel drive

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
9000lb trailer no problem, toyo m/ts at 60psi and air bags in the back at the same.. tows nice, its just a little slow gettin up there. also had a few 300gal totes of water in it.. thats heavy **** lol.

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
finally got the other load and got pics, I could only get the junk compressor at the station to put 60 psi in my air shocks and I got 40 psi in the rear tires....

43 or 44 boxes of hardwood flooring, the 3/4 or 1/2 thick stuff that you nail down, roughly 40-60lbs. or more per box.

In the pics there is not 43/44 boxes my uncle had already started unloading while I was trying to snap pics. He's the one carrying the boxes in the pics.

That's my dad in the pic, and it's going uphill too so it doesn't show how far down in the back it was, not great anyways, but you can get an idea of the tire to fender difference, I usually have more in back then in front, but due to the weight I think I have more front gap then normal.
Still hauled great, 65 mph on the highway going up a 12-14 percent grade, and kept climbing.

Last edited:

96_z71

Reaction score
Thats awesome, I had about 2200 lbs worth of scrap metal in the box awhile back, before I put overloads in, in my 96 1500 on stock tires aired at 35. She was hittin the bump stops alot. Shoulda taken a pic, but I remember lookin at the receipt after and it was around 2200 lbs.

GreaseDog

Pickup Artist
Reaction score
its not a GMT400, but its a stupid heavy load on my K2500...

crossed the scales at 13,200# in a 6300# truck.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Wish I woulda got pics of my truck when I was haulin decorative brick for my parents when we was landscaping, the hitch on my truck was 8" off the ground and was tuckin my 35s

Tomcat71

Tomcat Fixer
Reaction score
JUST FYI fellas Air shocks are not made to haul heavy loads, the shock mounts on the axle is not made to haul the weight of the truck, If you need some air assist get some Air bags that go between the top of the spring perch and the bottom of the frame, I have seen people tear off the lower shock mount on the axle hauling heavy loads with Air shocks.