Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iowa98Gmc

Reaction score
Hey guys I have been kicking around the idea of getting new headlights. Im tired of the fogged up originals. I honestly have no idea which route to go. Dont know what color or anything. Can you guys post some pics or ideas to help me out? Thanks!

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
I got mine off ebay for pretty cheap. They look good, work well, and didn't have any issues with them sticking out or fogging up.

The headlights and turn signals below came together for about $70 or 80, I think.

You must be registered for see images attach

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
x2 on the eBay lights.

If you buy clear corners, though - spend the extra $ on Anzo's. Aside from looking cleaner since they're frosted like factories, they won't look like trash from the chrome popping off the inside and the lenses cracking.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
x2 on the eBay lights.

If you buy clear corners, though - spend the extra $ on Anzo's. Aside from looking cleaner since they're frosted like factories, they won't look like trash from the chrome popping off the inside and the lenses cracking.

I agree with the corners part and getting the Anzo's. I just recently found out that they still make the ones that look like factory but are clear instead of orange. They are awesome and I picked them up for about $30.

As for the headlights I'm going to be getting some Depo brand since I have read so much good about them. I found them on Amazon for about $35 each side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I got these of Ebay as well. They ran about $35. plus shipping

They are look great, but didn't fit right, I had to use the factory mounts to get them to sit right.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
I got these of Ebay as well. They ran about $35. plus shipping

They are look great, but didn't fit right, I had to use the factory mounts to get them to sit right.

That's one if my biggest fears is they don't for right or worse LoL! Hell the stock ones I have now aren't even set right. The previous owner either never drive in the dark or was ....... I'm not sure how to even make them point correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I had that fear too, but I needed something quick and cheap when we were done painting the truck. They fit better now that I changed over the mount, but I still have them pointing downward a little, otherwise I get people flashing their high beams at me.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Ebay lights are hit and miss.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Even the TYC's are hit and miss. All comes down to variations not only in the new headlights but also in the original truck, as none of them are exactly what you would call blueprinted as they roll down the assembly line. As someone else mentioned I've seen crooked (droopy) factory headlights on a one-owner, never-wrecked truck. Kinda freaked me out as I fully expected them to be some aftermarket junk; nope, Sylvania GTE housings on original brackets.

On my black '94 C2500LD I had to knock the locator dowels off the TYC brackets in order to get them straight/level in the grille opening, slot the bolt holes on the brackets, and then open up the "clearance" holes in the core support where the screws on the backs of the housings go once you start turning the adjusters. Took a bit of jacking around to get them to fit well. On the maroon '94 C1500 they fit a little bit better (knocked off the locator dowels, but didn't need to slot anything) but it's a different truck and a different set of the exact same headlights, bought at the exact same time...

Richard

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
I have Anzo's, Fit decent, corner lights are starting to fog up and i hate how one of the adjusters is Phillips head and other is torx. Trying to find a set of the smoked, clear, amber's that were on eBay awhile back.