Headlights suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I need a good performing set of headlights mine are cracked and condensation. Don't really want hids I will run leds but I have no idea what housing would to use. I'm not as worried about looks as I am function

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I run these Anzos in both of my trucks. Very happy with them. Fitment was great. Didn't have to re-use the factory brackets like a lot of people mention with aftermarket lights. Didn't have to seal anything either, no leaks. They line up great in the grilles. No glare caps, so I'd stick with factory bulbs in these. Which is fine, I run factory bulbs and a 4-Hi and I never find myself wishing I had more light.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015PPZMC

One piece of advice, don't do what I did and remove the little mesh stickers on the bottom of the reflectors. They're there for a reason. I took them off the ones in my Suburban and went through a pressurized car wash, a little drop of water shot up through the hole they covered and exploded my low beam bulb.

Here's a couple pictures of how they look installed on my grilles.

You must be registered for see images attach

The picture of my red truck was immediately after I threw them on, after adjustment the one on the passenger side lines up almost perfect. The picture of the Suburban was right after I blew my low beam bulb up in the car wash, so that's why the driver's side has some imperfections.

beardeddummy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those are kind of what I'm looking for what kind of problems would arise from running leds in them. I definitely don't want to blind folks I hate when I get blind by people running 55w hids for low beams.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those are kind of what I'm looking for what kind of problems would arise from running leds in them. I definitely don't want to blind folks I hate when I get blind by people running 55w hids for low beams.

Really depends on how the specific LEDs you use are designed... But the long and short of it is that these housings were designed for halogen bulbs. Anything else is going to relect differently. If the LEDs you use have forward-facing diodes, I could imagine that they'd have a similar effect to the glare you get from HIDs due to the "hot-spot" on the front of the bulb. This is also the reason why the factory low-beam bulbs have a painted cap on the tip of the bulb. If you're set on LEDs for some reason I'd probably look for something else with glare caps.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not that this crappy old cell phone pic really does it any justice at all... But these things are pretty dang bright with factory halogens.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Absolutely. Cut off line is pretty nice too.

Michael Moore

Reaction score
I have clear APC headlights they are pretty cheap but they were the only ones I could find with glare caps. They stick out kinda far from the grille but they throw light well enough for me keep them. I have 6000k hids so glare caps were a must, but i have leds in the high beams. The leds are very blinding without the glare cap on it but that's why i have them in the high beams. I included a link to my housings and leds.

https://www.amazon.com/APC-403660HLD-Chevrolet-Light-Assembly/dp/B0006H8306

https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...s-conversion-kit-with-built-in-fan/2117/4802/