Header brands

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yodertoter

Reaction score
Hey everyone, looking to put some headers on my truck, 96 gmc 1500 4x4 4l60e. Would LIKE to do long tubes but if I can't afford them I'll do shorties. Anyone got any on their vortec?? Or know of any decent brands? I've been leaning towards pace setters cause they're the cheapest ones I can find...

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some have good luck with the pace setters but most complain of poor fitment and cracking. Spend a hundred or 2 more and get a nice set like headman or hookers

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
my pacesetters are a damn good header minus the fighting involved with getting them to bolt up. id go with hookers, jbas, some people get lucky with the ebays. i highly dislike flowtechs.

98GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my pacesetters are a damn good header minus the fighting involved with getting them to bolt up. id go with hookers, jbas, some people get lucky with the ebays. i highly dislike flowtechs.

Curious why you dislike the Flowtechs? I have a set that are about to go on my truck.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i didnt like the ones for my tbi truck, they were slightly warped, wouldnt clear my coolant temp sensor so i had to cut them to make them fit, and the coating didnt hold up on mine at all.

98GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i didnt like the ones for my tbi truck, they were slightly warped, wouldnt clear my coolant temp sensor so i had to cut them to make them fit, and the coating didnt hold up on mine at all.
Damn, well that's disappointing. I will still give them a shot but will try to find some VHT high temp paint for them.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
My pacesetters are good headers. They are shorties and they fit right to the factory y pipe. It was a pain getting the old y-pipe to bolt up but they went together.

Just make sure you get good header gaskets though.

Sent from Robl@nd