Havoc's '98 Z71 Build!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Truck looks great what size lift did you end up going with?

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
After I asked that I thought about the kits being the same and assumed you got the 6 lol. Are you running factory keys up front turned up. Truck sits perfect doesn't look to high and no lean

Havoc2004

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
After I asked that I thought about the kits being the same and assumed you got the 6 lol. Are you running factory keys up front turned up. Truck sits perfect doesn't look to high and no lean

Has 3/4 ton keys and bars almost no crank. Actually usually sits about 1.5-2" higher in rear but those pics were taken right after I unhooked my trailer loaded with tractor, bushhog and box blade so it hadn't really sprung back into normal position yet.

Havoc2004

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I'm really wanting to get into some performance mods for hp and tq. I have hypertech programmer, K&N CAI and Magnaflow dual exhaust with a "performance" converters and 4.56 gears & 14 bolt rear end otw. What kind of bolt ons should I look into, what order should they go on and specifically what brands ?

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Black bear tune for sure, long tubes and if you want some more cam and ported or better flowing heads

Havoc2004

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Black bear tune for sure, long tubes and if you want some more cam and ported or better flowing heads

which long tubes, cam and heads would you suggest. The BB Tune is definitely on the list but was kinda thinking if all the other mods were on the to do list in the near future i'd wait on tune so I can have the tune done to include the mods. What are your thoughts on that?

chevyman98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For sure wait get all the parts you want then contact Justin or Jenna at black bear tell them what you have that way you can tune it at the same time you get the parts on. Id be lying to you I never did alot to my gmt400 but from what I have read and heard. I had a set of headman headers on my sbc 350 and were great never had a issue with them. The cam you could call comp cams and tell them what your wanting out of it as far as towing and what not. Heads I've heard serval things from just having the vortecs magnafluxed and a good port and polish but afr makes some nice heads too.

Havoc2004

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
For sure wait get all the parts you want then contact Justin or Jenna at black bear tell them what you have that way you can tune it at the same time you get the parts on. Id be lying to you I never did alot to my gmt400 but from what I have read and heard. I had a set of headman headers on my sbc 350 and were great never had a issue with them. The cam you could call comp cams and tell them what your wanting out of it as far as towing and what not. Heads I've heard serval things from just having the vortecs magnafluxed and a good port and polish but afr makes some nice heads too.

Awesome man. Thanks for the guidance!