Guess I poked a hole in my tranny cooling line

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigtmoney

Reaction score
Anyone got any suggestions to fix without replacing the whole cooling line?

I just got the motor in it last weekend and and started it up only to find it pissing out of the bottom cooler line. It's away from the radiator far enough that I could theoretically cut out some line and replace it with hydraulic hose and some clamps, my question is...will it last?

Justme168

Reaction score
it will never be as strong or last as longs as the solid line ,,,if u start patching stuff u will end up with more problems later

Hodges87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
it will never be as strong or last as longs as the solid line ,,,if u start patching stuff u will end up with more problems later

Agreed! Do it right do it once! Just go to a salvage yard and pull one and flush it with brake parts cleaner and blow it out with some high pressure air.

bigtmoney

Reaction score
It's about 6 or so inches from the radiator, it's the bottom line. Tranny cooler is a thought, how much work is it to add one in?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's about 6 or so inches from the radiator, it's the bottom line. Tranny cooler is a thought, how much work is it to add one in?
It is very simple, just remove the grill. Attach trans cooler to rad with plastic ties and metal straps, or mount to center bar in rad support depending on the size and then just run the lines to the cooler. My cooler came with the transmisson hose. Not even an hours job.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
It is very simple, just remove the grill. Attach trans cooler to rad with plastic ties and metal straps, or mount to center bar in rad support depending on the size and then just run the lines to the cooler. My cooler came with the transmisson hose. Not even an hours job.
exactly, i cut the transmission lines on the Rad, ran the fluid into the rad, out the bottom hose, into the cooler out the cooler and back into the bottom line.

It would fix your busted line issue, and is inexpensive.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
exactly, i cut the transmission lines on the Rad, ran the fluid into the rad, out the bottom hose, into the cooler out the cooler and back into the bottom line.

It would fix your busted line issue, and is inexpensive.

I bypassed the rad all together and just ran a larger cooler.