grill clips are frustrating the crap out of me!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok, so I got the truck done except for some bulbs, having my exhaust welded up in place, and the damn grill. Its on and screws are tight, but the lower corner keeps popping out of the clip. It doesnt seem to matter how loud it clicks, cause when I let go its going to pop back out. WTF? any thoughts or tricks?

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
one of my buddys put a screw behind hes cornering light into the fender as a ghetto fix for a broken clip.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
uhhhhhh no. Ive done way too much to make the truck right to drill holes for a temp fix.

I will take a closer look at possible routing for a zip tie tomorrow. If i want a good fix, am i replacing the grill and or the bottom thing it clips into?

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
anyone know of a way to screw the two together? That would work for me. Id just hate to put an un-necessary hole in my new fender. Im pissed I had to drill holes for the battery mount. Hmmmmm what about those plastic clip things commonly found on inerior pics that grab onto taps and make them clamp into holes?