Grandpa's 1995 C1500 Reborn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

satxwy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Gong to the shop Monday. Tried installing the lift. Can't get the springs to seat in the control arms, shock bolt sheared off and I had to grind and drill it out so it might need a new LCA, and it sounds like my tires are rubbing at about half a turn each way but the tires are no where close to touching anything. I'm content with the time, money and effort I put into it but I just don't have it in me to take it all apart and try to fix it. I don't have the right tools to get it done right. Working in the driveway on jackstands in 30 degree weather in Texas just makes shlt miserable. Hopefully I'll have it back in about a week

Bummer man. Handy you got that nice big trailer though lol. Hope you get it back soon! It looks really nice at least.

Were you reinstalling the stock springs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Gong to the shop Monday. Tried installing the lift. Can't get the springs to seat in the control arms, shock bolt sheared off and I had to grind and drill it out so it might need a new LCA, and it sounds like my tires are rubbing at about half a turn each way but the tires are no where close to touching anything. I'm content with the time, money and effort I put into it but I just don't have it in me to take it all apart and try to fix it. I don't have the right tools to get it done right. Working in the driveway on jackstands in 30 degree weather in Texas just makes shlt miserable. Hopefully I'll have it back in about a week
Are you using the lift Springs or only spindles? Looks really good

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I hope I get it back soon too.

I'm using brand new moog coil springs. I hope they're stock size and not lift springs that will wear parts faster and cause a stiffer ride

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I hope I get it back soon too.

I'm using brand new moog coil springs. I hope they're stock size and not lift springs that will wear parts faster and cause a stiffer ride
I would imagine they are stock height, would think moog would do lift or lowering springs

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
They're the same ones listed for our trucks on rock auto so I was assuming they'd be stock. I think they just need to settle a little

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Hopefully you get it back soon. Lifts can be frustrating, I just finished installing a lift... well sort of. I still have to bleed the brakes and then I will call it finished.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Here's the latest on the truck. mechanic has ordered springs 4 or 5 times now and no one has brought the correct ones. So he called gm and had someone come out and take a look at the truck and they have determined that there was a mixup in the automotive world and that none of the "stock" coil springs produced for our trucks are actually for our trucks. So gm and the parts store people are working to try to find a solution to this. I have no f*cking idea when the truck will be done. Bullshlt like this ****** me off

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Why not get a set of coils from a autowrecker?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
I'd have to measure the one that came off my truck to find the right ones at the yard. The problem with that is, the mechanic has one and my friend has the other buied in the shop somewhere. I'm goin over there today to look for it

98MNChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's the latest on the truck. mechanic has ordered springs 4 or 5 times now and no one has brought the correct ones. So he called gm and had someone come out and take a look at the truck and they have determined that there was a mixup in the automotive world and that none of the "stock" coil springs produced for our trucks are actually for our trucks. So gm and the parts store people are working to try to find a solution to this. I have no f*cking idea when the truck will be done. Bullshlt like this ****** me off

I know the feeling. I waited 11 weeks for a tranny rebuild.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk