Grandpa's 1995 C1500 Reborn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Kileen is between us, Houston and San Angelo. Seems like a couple hour drive for everyone

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Get the 2" body lift lol. Avoid the rough country lift kit

Might happen. I want to get some new Moog coils. I think mine are sagging. My coils I have now came out of my old 91 because I cut my coils when I lowered it.

It's a shame that's a 97 only color.

No joke. I love it. There was a truck local this color for sale a while back but the kid destroyed it.

SwampHound

GMT400 Love Guru
Reaction score
TX/NM meetup. Kyle97GMC and Shadowrejects. We discussed just about everyone from OBSObsession and this forum haha. Nothing bad. Except Bryan Hughes and Wyatt Johnson but, what'd you expect haha.
You must be registered for see images attach

Tristan's truck is badass. If he'd make the changes I've mentioned numerous times, it'd look a lot better ;) I wish Kyle had his truck.

Dang. I would do unspeakable things to see Tristan's truck in person.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score

Gong to the shop Monday. Tried installing the lift. Can't get the springs to seat in the control arms, shock bolt sheared off and I had to grind and drill it out so it might need a new LCA, and it sounds like my tires are rubbing at about half a turn each way but the tires are no where close to touching anything. I'm content with the time, money and effort I put into it but I just don't have it in me to take it all apart and try to fix it. I don't have the right tools to get it done right. Working in the driveway on jackstands in 30 degree weather in Texas just makes shlt miserable. Hopefully I'll have it back in about a week

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score

Gong to the shop Monday. Tried installing the lift. Can't get the springs to seat in the control arms, shock bolt sheared off and I had to grind and drill it out so it might need a new LCA, and it sounds like my tires are rubbing at about half a turn each way but the tires are no where close to touching anything. I'm content with the time, money and effort I put into it but I just don't have it in me to take it all apart and try to fix it. I don't have the right tools to get it done right. Working in the driveway on jackstands in 30 degree weather in Texas just makes shlt miserable. Hopefully I'll have it back in about a week
Somtimes it's worth it just to pay someone imo. Can't wait to see it!

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Well, the important this is you tried. You can feel good about that. I get frustrated about these trucks that the owner pays shops to do everything to them. They just write a check. Make and attempt and if it doesn't work out, then take it to a shop. Which is sort of ironic since I make a lot of money installing leveling kits in new truck, LOL!

It looks good height wise. Hope they get it back to you soon!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Me too guys. I want to drive the damn thing again. I'm in a silver 2000 Ford Taurus lol

Sampuppy1

Diesel nut
Reaction score
Well, the important this is you tried. You can feel good about that. I get frustrated about these trucks that the owner pays shops to do everything to them. They just write a check. Make and attempt and if it doesn't work out, then take it to a shop. Which is sort of ironic since I make a lot of money installing leveling kits in new truck, LOL!

It looks good height wise. Hope they get it back to you soon!
Sane here I spent two days trying to time my truck and get valves set. Couldn't get it. I have up when it ran on four cylinders and was barely strong enough to limp itself on a trailer in four low and my foot buried in the throttle. Had it back a day later firing on all 8 like a top. Gave me the mental strength I needed to diagnose the ICM failure a week later that acted like total valvetrain failure.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk