Grandpa's 1995 C1500 Reborn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Total price? Or total amount of lift?
Way more than it should have been and 4" spindles, 2" block, 2" aal

Thanks man! The edited versions look a lot better

It definitely has its flaws lol

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Total price? Or total amount of lift?
Way more than it should have been and 4" spindles, 2" block, 2" aal

Thanks man! The edited versions look a lot better

It definitely has its flaws lol

Total amount of lift I meant, looks great though!
When did you get rid of the Dodge tows? I don't think I saw anything anywhere about it; unless I overlooked?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I just did it. I don't think I really mentioned it. They're for sale if you want them

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I just did it. I don't think I really mentioned it. They're for sale if you want them

I think I'll pass; I've most likely got a set at my disposal now seeing as how my friend's Dodge 2500 died, so I might rob the mirrors for a little while off his;
But I don't think I'm completely sold on them yet...
When's the 6-lug conversion coming up? Have you found a solution to the brake cables you were asking about?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
As soon as I rebuild the brakes, fix the two sheared off bolts and get fluid. I've already got wheels for my current tires. After that, it should be ready

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
And no I haven't. I'll just see how it goes then figure it out after I get the axle in

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Okay so for this axle swap/6 lug swap
axle; 14 bolt 9.5" 3.73s g80 : $200
rear brakes :$215
Front rotors: $180
U joint: $30
U joint straps: $13.00
U bolt plates : $16
Paint: $30
axle seals: $15

there's a running price list for the swap so far.

I ordered brakes for a 1995 c2500 with 11" brakes. I'm hoping they are the right ones. If not, I'll exchange them for the right parts.

I'm planning on running the hard brake line from the 10 bolt on the new axle. The nuts on the hard line are rounded off of the 14 bolt. I'm hoping it will work with the 14 bolt and the wheel cylinders.

I need to find new diff cover bolts. Anyone know where I can get them? 8x1.25 is the size of the bolts in there now but they are all different lengths and 2 of them are different sizes.

Must be from a northern truck
You must be registered for see images attach

My workshop...
You must be registered for see images attach

...is less than ideal

Hope to have it in by sunday... as long as all goes well. So maybe by next friday at the latest

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
McMaster-Carr will sell you any bolts you like, in any material you could want, no minimum order or anything like that. If you can't find them locally, I buy all my RC hardware there.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Never heard of them so I doubt they're local. I only have about 8 of the bolts that are supposed to be there but like I said, I know the two that hold the brake line brackets are bigger than the rest and depending on where they're located on the axle, they're different lengths. I really need to find a set. I'll check LMC and classic industries(?)

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
Never heard of them so I doubt they're local. I only have about 8 of the bolts that are supposed to be there but like I said, I know the two that hold the brake line brackets are bigger than the rest and depending on where they're located on the axle, they're different lengths. I really need to find a set. I'll check LMC and classic industries(?)

No, they're mail order. I use them when I can't find thing's locally, like my local Fastenal won't sell me less than 20.00 worth of bolts lol. I'm not sure where to find a "kit" so to speak, but Classic Parts also has alot of part's for these trucks.