Grandpa's 1995 C1500 Reborn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasTeal95

Reaction score
Truck looks good dude. I remember having similar problems when doing work on my truck man, I feel your anger/pain lol.

I have the same year truck but its a teal ext cab and I put a RC 4" lift on it a little over year ago with some 2.5" blocks out back. I had 3 different places do alignments and none of them have gotten it spot on. The last place that did the alignment got it close enough so I won't worry about it for now. It rides and drives ok and the wear isn't that bad.

I was or actually I still am, running the same size, make and model of tires as you. With the stock alloy wheels I had issues with the wheel weights getting knocked off by the spindles so I finally bought some new wheels last month. I got some 15x8 Cragar Soft 8's(the chrome version) and had the tires flipped around so the black letters are now facing out and I like it better. Also bought a low profile black toolbox. What stainless steel brake line kit are you using? I have the Russell kit I bought from Summit but I would like to have some with a little more slack in them especially when the truck is on a lift or when there is no load on the suspension. Only other major mods I plan on doing to my truck are a Detroit Truetrac diff, 3.90 gears and an LS swap.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Truck looks good dude. I remember having similar problems when doing work on my truck man, I feel your anger/pain lol.

I have the same year truck but its a teal ext cab and I put a RC 4" lift on it a little over year ago with some 2.5" blocks out back. I had 3 different places do alignments and none of them have gotten it spot on. The last place that did the alignment got it close enough so I won't worry about it for now. It rides and drives ok and the wear isn't that bad.

I was or actually I still am, running the same size, make and model of tires as you. With the stock alloy wheels I had issues with the wheel weights getting knocked off by the spindles so I finally bought some new wheels last month. I got some 15x8 Cragar Soft 8's(the chrome version) and had the tires flipped around so the black letters are now facing out and I like it better. Also bought a low profile black toolbox. What stainless steel brake line kit are you using? I have the Russell kit I bought from Summit but I would like to have some with a little more slack in them especially when the truck is on a lift or when there is no load on the suspension. Only other major mods I plan on doing to my truck are a Detroit Truetrac diff, 3.90 gears and an LS swap.
Thanks man! I remember seeing your truck when you posted your thread. Loved it!

yeah, I paid for the 6 month alignment warranty at NTB so I get free alignments for 6 months

this tire size seems perfect for this lift. 31s are just way to small in my opinion. I'm actually planning on getting some new wheels for the truck. I'm still deciding if I want to swap to 6 lug first and run oem sawblades, stick with 5 lug and find some different wheels or 5 or 6 lug and get some fancier, more expensive wheels. We'll see. I need more money first haha

Brake lines, I used EXP7225 from 4WP. $110 I believe. I picked them up form the Coppell store (only ones that had them in stock and it was a Saturday).

I've got some plans for it but nothing too major. I'm seriously considering a cummins swap when this engine goes but it's got 115,000 miles so that's a long time from now

And you're in Ft Worth! I'm in Grand Prairie, go to school in Arlington and go home to Midothian on the weekends. We're close enough to meet up and check out each others trucks. That'd be badass
Looks awesome man! Love it! Just needs a body lift ;)

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
It needs wheel spacers and rear lift first ;)
Looking real good man. Making me miss my hoe and when it was lifted.

My Dark Blue Hoe
I miss your hoe lol

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Dunno why I hadn't done it before, but I read through the entire build thread; and I have to say this is one hell of a transformation! I love that you're keeping your grandfather's memory alive, all while building it the way you want it to look!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Dunno why I hadn't done it before, but I read through the entire build thread; and I have to say this is one hell of a transformation! I love that you're keeping your grandfather's memory alive, all while building it the way you want it to look!
You could've saved yourself a ton of time by reading my other thread lol. It has about 3 pages of actual things I've done to the truck. No other comments or discussion. But I'm flattered. Thanks man! I really love this truck. except for the brake squeal :lol:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
You could've saved yourself a ton of time by reading my other thread lol. It has about 3 pages of actual things I've done to the truck. No other comments or discussion. But I'm flattered. Thanks man! I really love this truck. except for the brake squeal :lol:

Ugh. Don't remind me about brake squealing, my drums screech like a banshee at the most inopportune times,

TexasTeal95

Reaction score
Thanks man! I remember seeing your truck when you posted your thread. Loved it!

yeah, I paid for the 6 month alignment warranty at NTB so I get free alignments for 6 months

this tire size seems perfect for this lift. 31s are just way to small in my opinion. I'm actually planning on getting some new wheels for the truck. I'm still deciding if I want to swap to 6 lug first and run oem sawblades, stick with 5 lug and find some different wheels or 5 or 6 lug and get some fancier, more expensive wheels. We'll see. I need more money first haha

Brake lines, I used EXP7225 from 4WP. $110 I believe. I picked them up form the Coppell store (only ones that had them in stock and it was a Saturday).

I've got some plans for it but nothing too major. I'm seriously considering a cummins swap when this engine goes but it's got 115,000 miles so that's a long time from now

And you're in Ft Worth! I'm in Grand Prairie, go to school in Arlington and go home to Midothian on the weekends. We're close enough to meet up and check out each others trucks. That'd be badass

Yup I live near Fort Worth or more like NE of it in the NRH area. I know I had seen that EXP7225 number before. That's the ProComp brake line kit right? I was going to buy those but figured I didn't need the extra length. I should've bought them. I was also looking at the ORD kit as well. I need to get some wheel spacers for the rear but since I have steel wheels I don't feel safe using aluminum spacers. I need to see if Motorsport-tech can make me a set out of steel.

Is that pic of your truck on that bridge back on page 330 on private land or is that on a public road? I am always looking for scenic places to take pics and was just wondering where that bridge was located. If you want to meet up and check out each others trucks just send me a PM.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Yup I live near Fort Worth or more like NE of it in the NRH area. I know I had seen that EXP7225 number before. That's the ProComp brake line kit right? I was going to buy those but figured I didn't need the extra length. I should've bought them. I was also looking at the ORD kit as well. I need to get some wheel spacers for the rear but since I have steel wheels I don't feel safe using aluminum spacers. I need to see if Motorsport-tech can make me a set out of steel.

Is that pic of your truck on that bridge back on page 330 on private land or is that on a public road? I am always looking for scenic places to take pics and was just wondering where that bridge was located. If you want to meet up and check out each others trucks just send me a PM.
Yeah it's the pro comp one. Like I said, I'm about to swap wheels for something else. Well I say that. It will be a while. I plan on going up in wheel size so I'll need new tires as well. and I've got a guy that said he'd sell me his current wheel spacers off his truck so I'm waiting on those.

it's a public road. It's off 2258 in Venus headed towards Maypearl. Ozro, Rd. It is a road and there are house all over the place out there but I was taking pictures for 10 minutes and didn't see a single car. But I hopped in the truck and rounded the first corner and there were 5 cars coming towards me. So traffic is hit or miss. If you're ever coming out that way to take pics there, let me know. I'll meet you out there.