Got a new toy in the mail...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Well if it works with an Iphone I want one to, not really sure what it does....... But it looks cool!

Reads engine data. You can find out why the check engine light is on/turn it off, amongst other things

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

TerryD

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have the pay version of torque and the same dongle as the OP. You can download expanded pids for the GM stuff in one of the menus and get transmission temperature for an automatic and some other cool stuff. Plus you can read and clear trouble codes live while driving.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I have the same dongle. Works great, but don't leave it plugged in. it will burn out. At least, it does on my truck. It stays powered from the 12+ on the aldl connector even with the key off. I couldn't figure out why my batteries would die it about two days of sitting and discovered the dongle was dead one day. After a week of running it burned out. I have to unplug mine.

They don't work with a stock crapple iBone-ya. Crapple has the bluetooth stack locked down. You have to jailbreak the phone, pay for rockyOBDII and then you need an OBDII app that allows you to change the port settings. Only one I've found that works for crapple is the palmerperformance dash command for ibone. It's 60 bucks IIRC. If you're at IOS 7 or higher you're boned all the way around. Not jailbreak for it. Neither untethered or tethered.

I've got it all working on my 4S, but it's not exactly cheap or easy...F'n apple ********. Problem is the hardware is about the best on the market and the aftermarket support for apps and accessories is so freakin huge.....it's just too bad it's all run by comrade Jobs company....

Last edited:

88gmt400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if your dtc side doesnt like up (blue piece) and you think its shot beat it on the ground not too hard but then it will work i bought one for work so when im test drivin a car and the damn light comes back on i know why before i get to my tools

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
if your dtc side doesnt like up (blue piece) and you think its shot beat it on the ground not too hard but then it will work i bought one for work so when im test drivin a car and the damn light comes back on i know why before i get to my tools

umm, what?

You must be registered for see images